What's new

Williams Institute for Shaving Excellence (WISE)

Thought I'd share some of my vintage Williams along with the rest of my gear, mostly vintage.

Shave Den.jpg

that's really cool, I like the look of everything, that's old school and that's what I'm talking about!

I really like Williams and now that I have learned how to get it going, I've been using it a ton, and I'm onto my second puck and over 3/4's of the way through it currently. I'm sure next week at some point I'll swing by the grocery store and score another puck.

Williams is a great product and I'm glad it's still available and sold locally. I will not ever use carts or canned foam again ever.

I noticed a post maybe five days ago Williams had been discontinued. Seems that entire thread is canceled for whatever reason.

Sorry for being out of the loop. I've been at my Mom's for her 82nd B-Day and usually don't spend time online while visiting friends and family.

W.I.S.E. folk is Williams actually discontinued or no, any clarity would be appreciated.

Thank you gents and ladies.

1644971525683.png

Last edited:
I noticed a post maybe five days ago Williams had been discontinued. Seems that entire thread is canceled for whatever reason.

Sorry for being out of the loop. I've been at my Mom's for her 82nd B-Day and usually don't spend time online while visiting friends and family.

W.I.S.E. folk is Williams actually discontinued or no, any clarity would be appreciated.

View attachment 1410613
I'm not a participant in this thread nor an avid WMS consumer but I did get a confirmation email from the company saying that it is in fact discontinued.

"Thank you for contacting us regarding Williams Mug Soap. We are sorry to hear about your experience.

We are sorry to inform you that it has been discontinued.

Thank you for your interest in Williams Mug Soap.
Sincerely,
Cesar
Consumer Resources Consultant"

View attachment 1410613
Hi Old_School:

The moderators decided to combine all the posts related to Williams being discontinued into one thread. Link pasted below.

Post #657 includes the response I received from Combe after emailing them regarding all the stock-outs across the various retail outlets that used to sell Williams. Same form email that was sent to Kyle89 above.

Was in my local Wegmans yesterday and while they still have a shelf facing for Williams there is no inventory. Walgreen's has been out-of-stock since December and Williams has been unobtainium (either due to out-of-stock or exhorbitant price) on Amazon for the past month.

Funny, I also added a dozen to inventory last December though in my case it was due to increased usage thanks to a new boar brush.

@MalumSqualus I'm not a regular here, just showed up to confirm Williams unfortunate demise.

It sounds like you are looking for a puck of Williams, no? I'll guess most Williams fans are on the hunt like you. Your request would certainly get much more attention in the BST by posting a WTB or FT ad.

An interesting possibility is offering to trade something interesting from your "doesn't exist" country! Like an interesting razor or soap that's exotic here but common where you are. Maybe some sticks or pucks of more common tallow soaps that recently went veggie, Speick, Tabac, Palmolive, etc. if you have them or access to them. Good Luck!

Brotherhood...📢, you hear me. Are there anyone else who can really help, and not in words...🗣️?
Hi MalumSqualus,

Believe because you are relying on software to translate English to Russian you may be misunderstanding the purpose of the clubs and brotherhoods at Badger & Blade. See the link below for details though in summary the main purpose of these groups is to provide a venue for those who want to discuss their daily or weekly use of specific products. These groups are not necessarily meant to be a formal brotherhood in the way you may be thinking of it. The titles given each group, such as Williams Institute for Shaving Excellence (WISE) are also meant to be humorous.

I this specific case, unfortunately, the manufacturer has ceased all production of the product so many local stores are now sold out and it is no longer readily available on-line or if it is, as you discovered earlier, it is available at an exorbitant price. Finally, shipping something like this overseas is cost prohibitive. You are requesting that someone spend $15 - $20 to ship a $1 puck of soap. It may make more sense to share your current shaving tools/products in combination with other options you have locally available at a reasonable price and request advice from fellow B&B members as to what might be best.

So it's finally happening. Williams is really going away this time... One of my local grocery stores still stocks it. I'll probably buy out their stock sometime this week. From the Civil War, to the Old West, to the shores of Normandy, right up to the present-day, it is sad to see an American icon go away. Stay WISE.

So it's finally happening. Williams is really going away this time... One of my local grocery stores still stocks it. I'll probably buy out their stock sometime this week.
I looked in the places where I have normally scored Williams--primarily independent "mom & pop" drug stores--and no luck. I may venture a little further afoot this weekend. That said, I should be good for the foreseeable future. I have ten pucks of the current (or should I say, new old stock) mug soap and two vintage 60's era pucks. Not great, but better than none.

I had to buy 5 pucks the other day at my local grocery store, I didn't see if there was any more left but there were only 7 left on the shelf when I scored my 5.

This truly stinks you guys, I just really enjoy Williams and have been getting used to it and was using it daily. Such a shame that this product will no longer be made and or sold here in the United States.

Although something tells me someone somewhere will pick it up and sell it again, maybe and perhaps, or so I hope.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Well I have six pucks of Modern Williams that I bought at the local grocery store a few years ago, they no longer have a spot for it now.
So I figured now would be a good time to put a puck in my Old Spice shaving mug, cover it with water, let it swell up and get ready for March.
20220224_210305.jpg20220224_210334.jpg20220226_100400.jpg
doug

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
@Rosseforp : you do realize that you just made my two pucks of Williams double in value, right?

Fergit the Stock Market, I'm gonna be trading on the "Shaving Soap Futures" market BABY!

Top Bottom