What's new

Williams as a shave stick

I've been hearing a lot about how Williams is best applied as a shave stick, so I started thinking about an easy way to apply it. I was especially looking for a easy way to travel with it as well.

So...I started looking around and found an old glue stick container. I cleaned out the inside really well and softened the soap up enough where I could start packing it in. It was a lot easier than I thought.

It looks exactly like a glue stick, so I'm hoping nobody in the house misuses it.

full
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Has the soap solidified back to its original hardness, or is it a bit softer from having been squished into the tube?

Good question. It's been around 5 hours and is still soft enough to push up the tube. I can still mold the soap as freely as before. We'll see how it holds up in a day or two.

Also, with the way the glue stick works, the soap can harden and it will not affect the way the soap moves through the chamber. The soap forms around the inner piece, it that makes sense.

I have a vintage Williams shave stick on the way. I'll be interested to see if it's just like the soap we have nowadays.

badboris...I let the puck soak a little while in some hot water. After pouring it out, it was soft enough to mold.

I've been hearing a lot about how Williams is best applied as a shave stick, so I started thinking about an easy way to apply it. I was especially looking for a easy way to travel with it as well.

So...I started looking around and found an old glue stick container. I cleaned out the inside really well and softened the soap up enough where I could start packing it in. It was a lot easier than I thought.

It looks exactly like a glue stick, so I'm hoping nobody in the house misuses it.

full
full

Nice job let us know how it works.

Clayton

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably better to mistake a soap stick for a glue stick than the other way around. Imagine your poor brush if you didn't realize it...

Very cool though.

your shave stick is probably going to shrink, that happens to me every time to try to mold/shave/grate Williams into any other form than its original shape.

I use a Williams shave puck. I take it out of the box and rub it on my wet face. :)

Top Bottom