What's new

Williams + 2 Brush PIF

And the winner is @jldallas PM my friend and I'll will have thesecout with tomorrow's mail. Congrats!! Thanks to all who entered I will do another giveaway in the future for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_0708.JPG
    IMG_0708.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 14
Thank you.

I'll let you know when I receive it and will report on what I think of the Williams and the brushes.

BTW, can you tell me about the brushes? They look vintage and I'm sure they are real bristles. I've only have one synthtic brush, so they will be a new experience, too.

@jldallas yep they are both vintage brushes made by ever ready. The red/black handle is a badger hair brush that is well broken in, not a great back bone but it gets the job done and is perfect for whipping up lather with a good quality shaving cream. The black/beige handle brush is also an ever ready but it's bristles are called badger-Lon which means nylon-badger mix. It's got a killer backbone and works great for cream and hard soaps alike. I would use this one on the Williams if I were you. Good brushes with great vintage handles that if you wanted to you could just remove the old knots and get your favorite one to put back in its place.

I got the box Tuesday. I noticed that one of the brushes was badger-lon, something that isn't made any more. I had no idea that anything like that was ever made.

I'll give the Williams and the badger brush a go this weekend when I'm not pressed for time to finish up my shave.

I was wondering about replacing the badger-nylon knot. That may happen.

Thanks,
Jerry

I got the box Tuesday. I noticed that one of the brushes was badger-lon, something that isn't made any more. I had no idea that anything like that was ever made.

I'll give the Williams and the badger brush a go this weekend when I'm not pressed for time to finish up my shave.

I was wondering about replacing the badger-nylon knot. That may happen.

Thanks,
Jerry

Hey Jerry!

Glad everything has arrived safe and sound, thanks for letting us know. I'm eager to know what you think about the Williams Mug Soap. Ive said it before and I'll say it again it's one of my personal favorites and it's the soap I started traditional wet shaving with it works great for me maybe it's my water idk but it's an awesome soap imo. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I've been a bit slow in posting my observations about the Williams soap, but I've tried to give it a chance, mainly by using it on the weekend when I'm not pressed for time.

And while I've been able to get a good lather out the the Williams sometimes, it really seems to be finicky. About 1/2 the time I seem to end up putting too much water in it and I get a watery big-bubbled sloppy lather that isn't very protective. I think that if I used the Williams 100% of the time, I'd probably get my technique down and not have this problem, but I don't have this trouble with any of my other soaps.

I'm also just OK with the performance of the Williams. When I get a better lather out of the Williams, the soap seems slicker and more protective, the not so good lather I get 1/2 of the time doesn't allow for a quick touch-up after I've shaved an area; I have to re-lather. And Williams seems to be the most drying soap I've tried so far.

If Williams were the only soap that was available, I could use it; it would work and I'd still shave with soap over canned goo. But unfortunately, it didn't make it into my current rotation. I may try it again when I get a chance to use it every day for a couple of weeks. I think consistent use would make a difference; it might help me tune my technique to this soap.

Top Bottom