What's new

Will the real "Old Spice" please stand up

I just recently picked up two almost full bottles of the vintage OS in an antique store and I also have a bottle of the modern OS. While they are not identical they are very similar. I like both.

Thanks to everyone for this thread.

But now, I have a new problem. Do I continue with P&G Old Spice or find a different after shave? Time is of the essence because I only have a few drops of P&G OS left in the bottle.

What to do? What to do?

But now, I have a new problem. Do I continue with P&G Old Spice or find a different after shave? Time is of the essence because I only have a few drops of P&G OS left in the bottle.

What to do? What to do?
Why limit yourself to just one aftershave?? Go ahead and get another bottle of P&G OS if you like it, and then get a bottle of something else you want to try.

[/enabling]

What to do? What to do?

Grab a NOS bottle of Shulton OS from ebay and see if you like it. I personally think it's better than current P&G OS.

Thanks for your reply. I am going to look for another aftershave. Perhaps something sandalwood. Any suggestions.

I don't use any sandalwood aftershaves, however I really like the woodsy scent of the TOBS sandalwood shave cream. I believe they make an aftershave as well.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I just recently picked up two almost full bottles of the vintage OS in an antique store and I also have a bottle of the modern OS. While they are not identical they are very similar. I like both.
Do you find the vintage to be stronger than the Classic? I quit using it several years ago because it was just too “loud”. I always liked the fragrance and recently bought a bottle of the “Classic” and it seemed to smell the same but was more subdued and like the “Classic” much more.

Do you find the vintage to be stronger than the Classic? I quit using it several years ago because it was just too “loud”. I always liked the fragrance and recently bought a bottle of the “Classic” and it seemed to smell the same but was more subdued and like the “Classic” much more.
I feel the same way about the vintage stuff. I love the scent, but it's too strong for me. I now hand mix the vintage with the modern, and that seems perfect.

I tend to use very little when I use OS AS...so I don't really notice if one is stronger than the other. I like both scents...the old versus the new...about the same to me.

This is extremely interesting. I never owned Shulton OS, but I do have the current AS and cologne. For me, they are entirely too faint and you have to throw on a lot for it to have the punch that a good vintage classic should have. I have a pseudo memory of the fragrance being much more potent in the past and I have noticed that many fragrances now struggle for relevance and profitability. Canoe, English Leather and British Sterling all seem to have been dramatically altered for such reasons. People just want to smell like fresh, crisp laundry floating in a sea of marine femininity these days.

People just want to smell like fresh, crisp laundry floating in a sea of marine femininity these days.
You mean Men :001_rolle
There is so much misaligned media propaganda to conform with the idea of being metro sexual male that twisted way too many things in life of a male, not just scents. Pencil fitting jeans anyone?

You mean Men :001_rolle
There is so much misaligned media propaganda to conform with the idea of being metro sexual male that twisted way too many things in life of a male, not just scents. Pencil fitting jeans anyone?
Have you seen that latest Bonobos commercial? It's the exact thing you are describing

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

With such a wide array of scents with exotic names, why don't the current owners of the trademark produce an Old Spice that smells like it did 80s years ago?

Top Bottom