What's new

Will Moonjava brushes be made again?

So I wasn't into DE shaving when they first came out like the Simpson, etc. in Moonjava. Happens to be that they were limited so of course no way I could get one now. Is there a chance they will release them again? Or is that the very last of those awesome handles.

Get in touch with Simpson and see if they will make you a LE brush, or get in touch with Lee Sabini of M&F and see if he will make you one.
Or there is the BST.
Whichever option you choose, I hope you find your brush.

Simpson put up a Colonel X2L Manchurian Badger in MoonJava this week. It is out of stock now. I did not see it in stock, but I know it just went up there some time this week, and the other handle options were in stock so I think it sold out fast.

Simpson put up a Colonel X2L Manchurian Badger in MoonJava this week. It is out of stock now. I did not see it in stock, but I know it just went up there some time this week, and the other handle options were in stock so I think it sold out fast.

I don't think thats the moonjava he's referring to. That's more of pink/purple thing. The original moonjava was more "Woodstock," like.

I thought Rudy Vey still had some MJ stock left.

I ordered mine from Rudy Vey and he was running low on stock. He does have a Southwestern Moonjava resin though that's equally appealing. It may be worth contacting him to see if he's expecting to get the original resin back in stock any time soon.

I recently bought a lathe and have been after some moonjava stock since I bought it. There are a few places that show it but it seems to be out of stock everywhere. Im not sure that this is an indication of anything but I cant seem to find it. As resin goes I would assume it is one of the tougher patterns to make and if I was a betting man it takes longer to make than your regular swirls etc.

Regards
Dave

Yes, they will be made again.

Its just acrylic and someone else will start pouring them.

I've had a couple M&F Moonjava Brushes and now own a Disco. They aren't for everyone but I've always enjoyed them. I prefer the Disco as it is more colorful, wild and doesn't show any smearing after turned. Sometimes the Moonjava runs together and looks great and if done wrong, looks messy.

As with everything, it seems now that they are hard to come by, everyone is praising them and everyone loves them and wants them. Funny how that works.

The new funky brush people love are the "leftover" acrylics that can be quite nice.

They'll be back.

2XL Moojava

2XL Disco

Last edited:
i also have a southwestern style one and i really want to get a normal moonjava but same thing i found everything i try to have one made everyone is out of the material. i have even been checking the places that sell the blanks and i would have ordered a few to have on hand but they seem to always be out of stock.

I reached out to more suppliers recently to try and get to the bottom of this moonJava shortage. I only heard back from one, according to him it comes from a maker in Europe that he does not use and thus could not order it from me. He did also inform me that his supplier does not currently make it but if I were able to get ahold of a disk of it he could send it to them and see if they were able to pour it. If anyone has a sliver or end chunk of a bit they used to make a brush and would be willing to part with said scrap, I may have a way to get more! The supplier he uses does pour the southwest moonJava so I imagine they could pour the white and clear one as well. I have some southwest on order and I will report back on quality when I get it in.

Regards
Dave

I reached out to more suppliers recently to try and get to the bottom of this moonJava shortage. I only heard back from one, according to him it comes from a maker in Europe that he does not use and thus could not order it from me. He did also inform me that his supplier does not currently make it but if I were able to get ahold of a disk of it he could send it to them and see if they were able to pour it. If anyone has a sliver or end chunk of a bit they used to make a brush and would be willing to part with said scrap, I may have a way to get more! The supplier he uses does pour the southwest moonJava so I imagine they could pour the white and clear one as well. I have some southwest on order and I will report back on quality when I get it in.

Regards
Dave

What is Southwest Moonjava?

See above post there is a pic of it.

Regards
Dave

Thanks.

attachment.php

The Southwest Moonjava is very nice. Looks like that old taffy candy.

Simpson also has a purplish Moonjava on some of their LE brushes but I haven't seen one in a good pic to know what it really looks like.

Top Bottom