What's new

Will I also need to change my user name?

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Kia Ora guys.
If I start hanging out here, can I still be called cleanshaved? :)

I think it must be about 25 years since I last grew a beard. The only facial hair since then was a mustache for Movember.
I now have the urge to grow a beard, Winter is here in NZ, so the time is right.

Just bought this stuff, so guess this is getting real.

Proraso Beard Wash Wood and Spice
Proraso Beard Balm Wood and Spice
Dr Dittmar Long Handle Beard Comb Genuine Rosewood

comb.png

So did I miss anything? Any words of wisdom for a newbie beard man.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Ha...
I am sporting a goatee ... now [emoji16][emoji1604]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Rich.
I sort of wanted a goatee some years ago. Never grew one though.
I may start with a full beard a trim back to a goatee at some stage. We will see.

Congrats on growing a beard! You could shave your head to keep your name or you could grow the beard extra long so the name really becomes ironic, like a huge guy called tiny. Me, I've been bearded longer than not at this point of my life.

Beards are great to hide behind :)

I had one years ago. Not a neat, well trimmed one. A 25 year, untamed. beardasorous down nearly to my waist.

People would cross to the other side of the street rather than "risk" walking past me.

I'd get followed when shopping (keep an eye on that guy).

Have fun :)

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Congrats on growing a beard! You could shave your head to keep your name or you could grow the beard extra long so the name really becomes ironic, like a huge guy called tiny. Me, I've been bearded longer than not at this point of my life.

I'll take the ironic tag over shaving my head at this stage.

It felt good not shaving on this cold mid week morning and a little wrong at the same time. :)

Beards are great to hide behind :)

I had one years ago. Not a neat, well trimmed one. A 25 year, untamed. beardasorous down nearly to my waist.

People would cross to the other side of the street rather than "risk" walking past me.

I'd get followed when shopping (keep an eye on that guy).

Have fun :)

That would have been a epic beard. I remember you mentioning the big beard before.
I could understand them following while shopping, it sounds like you could have hidden a TV in it. :)

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
My colleagues are not use to seeing me unshaven. Man does not shave for one day and people take a second look.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
My Proraso stuff arrived today. It's the first time I've tried their woods & spice and must say I like it.

One thing I have neglected to do, was tell the wife I'm going to grow a beard.
Since she works late shifts Monday - Thursday, I've not seen here since I stopped shaving a few days ago.
Guess I'm going down the, it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission track. I'll let the beard tell her when it's long enough. :)

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Two weeks in, neither a beard or cleanshaved. Well maybe I keep the neck line clean shaved.

20180610_141101.jpg

My goatee had an accident .... as TLOML was complaining about the length .... then she says “why did you shave it off I liked it....”

I might go for a full beard this time but trimmed ...
[emoji15][emoji16][emoji1604]

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
My goatee had an accident .... as TLOML was complaining about the length .... then she says “why did you shave it off I liked it....”

I might go for a full beard this time but trimmed ...
[emoji15][emoji16][emoji1604]

Sorry to hear about the goatee incident. How old was it?

When I told my wife that I was going to grow a beard, she said NO!!!. A stern, yes I am was returned.
She now seems to be enjoying the beard so far. It appears that she hates my rough whiskers.
Ah, not to miss a beat, I told here I need oils and balms to make it soft. Incoming packages pre approved. :)

I've yet to decide on exactly what sort of full beard to go for. I'm trimming the neck line now but not the checks until it has grown in fully, then I'll decided on that.
While going full on Viking beard may sound good, it may not fit in to my office job.

I think you can call that a beard already. Great coverage for such a short time, should fill out fast. Nice job on the neck line, too many guys go too high fearing the neck beard. Are you going to keep the cheeks natural? Looks like you could grow them pretty high if you want to.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I think you can call that a beard already. Great coverage for such a short time, should fill out fast. Nice job on the neck line, too many guys go too high fearing the neck beard. Are you going to keep the cheeks natural? Looks like you could grow them pretty high if you want to.

I'm going to keep the cheeks natural for now. They will be quite high, so are curious to see them in full beard.

I’ve never grown a beard so don’t ask me. Good luck!

The way I remember it, a beard grew a Jason. :) A epic beard.

Nice. I keep my cheeks pretty natural, but they don't come in as high or as heavy as yours. You could certainly have an epic beard if you give it the time. I still haven't trimmed up my winter beard, so I'm at about 5-6 inches on the chin and 3-4 on the cheeks.

I usually take it back to a ducktail style. I leave at least an inch or 2 on the chin and clean most of the cheeks off. I still leave some right at and below the jaw line. Sometimes I take it down to a circle beard, but my twin brother usually wears a circle beard, so I try to keep a different style than he has.

Here's a link to last years trim. I'm a little longer now than the first pic.
I've been whittling.

Kia Ora guys.
If I start hanging out here, can I still be called cleanshaved? :)

I think it must be about 25 years since I last grew a beard. The only facial hair since then was a mustache for Movember.
I now have the urge to grow a beard, Winter is here in NZ, so the time is right.

Just bought this stuff, so guess this is getting real.

Proraso Beard Wash Wood and Spice
Proraso Beard Balm Wood and Spice
Dr Dittmar Long Handle Beard Comb Genuine Rosewood

View attachment 886826

Yes, you will need to change your username. Perhaps Scruffy might work. Some other suggestions: Crumb Duster, Soup Strainer, Fuzzy, or Mr. Broom. :001_302:

Top Bottom