What's new

will g's soap: shea vs emerald

for those of you who have tried both, what do you think of the two and the differences between the two? any preference to scents being better in certain versions?

I have tried the shea Sandalwood, Blend #7 and Blend #37 and like them all. I have not tried Emerald.

Has anyone tried the Bay Rum? Is it a good Bay Rum scent?

I have the unscented versions of both. I like each one. The shea seems slicker while the emerald lathers a bit better. Both perform well. My $0.02.

murchmb said:
I have the unscented versions of both. I like each one. The shea seems slicker while the emerald lathers a bit better. Both perform well. My $0.02.

the difference listed here is right on the money.

i have the emerald peppermint, which is cooling and has a self explanatory smell. makes great lather for a soap.

i also have the shea #37, which i dislike the scent but will use up as it is the slickest soap i've tried.

i will probably continue to buy both in peppermint and other scents.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
All of these comments are right on the money, and it has got me thinking that I should try their unscented soaps. The #7 is nice but weird, the #37 borders on the horrendous, and the sandalwood doesn't smell at all like its namesake. Perhaps unscented is the way to go, because their soaps (the shea, at least) is really super slick and gives a very comfortable shave.

Such a bargain!

I agree that the sandalwood doesn't smell like sandalwood but over time it grew on me. I tried appreciating it for what it is, which is a pleasant scent.

So nobody had tried the Bay Rum? I'm curios as to whether it smells like Bay Rum.

shea is 'tan' and has shea butter. emerald is green and has aloe vera, olive oil and vitamin d or some other vitamin in it.

i think they lather a bit differently, the shea is a bit more moisturizing and the emerald lathers a bit easier. i think the unscented versions might smell a little different.

Thanks for the explanation. Both of my Will G soaps are shea. All I could see was the difference in color.

Randy

Steve-
I just received a cake of Will G's bay rum... have yet to shave with it. It smells nice, but I wouldn't say a real traditional bay rum smell. I smell a hint of anice in it. Who knows, when lathered up it may be different, but this is my initial impression. It definitely smells nice, though. I am very curious if this soap lives up to the hype.

I would still recommend Pirates Cove (another ebay find). It's about the same price as Will g's, and is quite excellent.

Drew

Drew, how was the Will G's Bay Rum?

Which Pirate's Cove soap do you use? I notice they don't have a straight Bay Rum. I see a Bay Rum/Ginger that looks interesting. How would you compare the lather to Will G's soap?

Top Bottom