What's new

Will G's Shea Glycerin shaving soap (& Aftershave lotion)...

I purchased these soaps/lotion combos - 3 scents, Peppemint & Blend #37 Emerald soap (Olive oil, Aloe Vera and Vitamin E based) as well as a combo of the Blend #7 SHEA butter based shaving soap/lotion. This review is specific to the shea butter soap and all of the aftershaves (same forumla for the a/s - just different scents.)
Here goes...
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Bottom line.... if I started out with this stuff - I would have looked no further. It is simply superb stuff, really first rate, with incredibly intoxicting scent "blends" all at a ROCK bottom price of UNDER EIGHT BUCKS FOR THE COMBO!
Talk about SCORCHIN' hot deal! Outstanding service - Will refunded me the difference between the acutal shipping cost, and "charged" shipping from ebay - without even having to ask! Wicked fast shipping - this arrived DAYS before items I purchased 3-4 days earlier... mighty impressive. Only gripe.... the labels on the A/S are horrid. When you get a splash of water on them, they are immediatly ruined... but hey did I mention, the combo is under $8?

I can't wait to try the "emerald" soaps I got.

Getting back to this particular soap - VERY weird stuff... it lathers - as you can see by the picture, however when applying it to your face - it doesn't "puff up" like most shaving creams, and develop a foamy lather, it creates a VERY, VERY thick, lubricating, moisturizing merengue. What really peaked my interest in this product, is most shea based soaps - can't lather worth a damn, and when they do lather, they dry out immediatly... Will claimed they didn't dry out in the ebay auction. Well - I was curious - I bit, and hot damn.... they do NOT dry out. You put lather on yoru face, wait 10 minutes, and every bit is still there.

The aftershave lotion is A+. One of the best I have tried. Combats irritation, moisturizes, and FULLY sinks into your skin. Think T&H classic balm - with better scents and ZERO grease/film left on your skin. For $8 for the combo... it is a steal. Get - them - while - you - can!

Link to his ebay store...
http://stores.ebay.com/Will-Gs-place

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reveiw Joel! I looked on his site and he has an interesting shave mug that may be worth checking out.

Oh yeah - here is the "visual" difference between the shea and emerald soaps...
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Austin said:
Thanks for the reveiw Joel! I looked on his site and he has an interesting shave mug that may be worth checking out.

You see the fossilized covered shave bowl? Talk about cool! It is a bit pricey - but mighty nice regardless.

proxy.php

Nice review Joel. His Peppermint scented Shea soap sounds mighty tempting.

I take it by the looks of the tupperware that you haven't sprung for one of those fancy looking bowls yet?

-Nick

Joel- Another great find it seems. Any indication as to the scent of the #7 soap and aftershave aside from "crisp" and "masculine"? That' all I was able to gather from Will's ebay store and for me, isn't much to go on. The other ones seem pretty clear, including #37, "light citrus". Look forward to a comparison of the emerald vs shea.

Joel,
:em3400: Does that emerald soap have some, just a touch, or barely a sniff of olive oil? Could this be the hyper velocity replacement for duh cube? Built with a purpose, i.e. to get your business?

Ok - here goes.... after shaving with the shea butter soap for 3 days, using 3 different brushes (Simpson PJ2, Simpson Polo 12, and a Shavemac Horn Handle) and 3 different types of razors (Merkur Vision, Shick Injector, and a Feather artist club with a FRESH blade) I am proclaiming this - this wonderful smelling, incredibly inexpensive soap - my favorite shaving soap.

Simply put - it is MY OPINION that this - WillG's shea butter soap, is the finest in the land. It offers the ability to acheive the closeness of a soap, has the protection of taylors shaving cream, and the moisturizing properties of proper method shaving lather.... in fact... maybe more so on all accounts. I took a FRESH unused feather artist club blade this morning, and REALLY went to town, and could not draw so much as a single bump of irritation... not a single weep hole, nic, you name it. This is the first shave with an artist club where I didn't get so much as a TINY weep hole (those little ones that go away in seconds). This soap does not develop a traditional "lather" like standard soaps and creams... it is more of a paste, however it cuts VERY close, and is amazingly slick... and it WILL - NOT - DRY - OUT on you. Most shea butter soaps are as good as worthless, as they dry out as fast as you lather it on... with this soap, this is not the case. Simply using the soap on its own is sufficient in terms of moisture and soothing properties, yet when followed with the outstanding WillG aftershave, once dry you face feels like pure heaven... I simply cannot stop rubbing it. Think Frank Sinatra singing the beginning of "dancing cheek to cheek" - "Heaven, I'm in heaven"

Superb stuff fellas.... 10 out of 10. - You heard it here first.

HlSheppard said:
I just ordered some Shea soap and aftershave in #37 along with one of those cool fossilized marble bowl.

I'm hopeless! :nonod:

Don't feel bad. You're not spending as much as you would on name brands. I plan to do the shea in #37 and probably emerald in Peppermint post Xmas.

Just doing the job as enabler...

-bill

Oh no, don't try to make me feel better - I am also ordering "name brands" as well.

Just ask my friends at:

QED
Baudelaire
Nancy Boy, and
Shavemac

(all this week)

Not to mention some espresso "stuff..."

"My name's Howard, and I'm a spend-a-holic."

HlSheppard said:
Oh no, don't try to make me feel better - I am also ordering "name brands" as well.

Just ask my friends at:

QED
Baudelaire
Nancy Boy, and
Shavemac

(all this week)

Not to mention some espresso "stuff..."

"My name's Howard, and I'm a spend-a-holic."

cool. send some to me too! (except for the nancy boy)

atnight said:
cool. send some to me too! (except for the nancy boy)

Why no Nancy Boy, Bill?

The stuff is EXCELLENT and so's their customer service! Seriously, I had wondered if it was just the latest "Jack Black" type of product aimed at the "what's hot this minute" crowd.

I was wrong.

HlSheppard said:
Why no Nancy Boy, Bill?

The stuff is EXCELLENT and so's their customer service! Seriously, I had wondered if it was just the latest "Jack Black" type of product aimed at the "what's hot this minute" crowd.

I was wrong.

As a noob (to the wetshaving) I have had many items queued up long before the NB. I'm pretty satisfied with my skin care rotation, and mainly going after shaving products. Also, I feel it could detract from chances as an eligible bachelor when I have the occasional lady caller. :wink:

FWIW, some of the Jack Black stuff is alright if you're a brushless guy (who here is...) or you like a scrub with lots of fine, gritty particles and menthol. I do.

Does anyone have an e-mail that they can provide me for contacting this vendor? I'm not registered with E-Bay, and don't care to be.

You can send it via PM or post it. Thanks.

Top Bottom