What's new

Will Creed be cheaper in Paris?

me and my wife would like to visit paris and maybe I will go Creed Paris boutique. When i look at creed europe web site prices of aventus seems reasonable than US. But there is no 250 ml flacon in this web site. I am wondering Creed paris has 250 ml flacon and price ofc.

On the other hand can we fill tVAT refund form (Global Blue or so) in there ?

I'm not sure about the VAT refund there (I didn't ask when I was buying), but they have roughly everything on-hand. The smaller bottles are at a price that are at a steal vs. US prices, €118 includes VAT, so at ~$130 it's basically half the price of in the US ($275). But that was for the smaller bottles.

(I'm back living in the US now, so I'm not sure what the current in-store prices are).

I would never expect anything to be cheaper in a country that tacks on a VAT at every step of distribution, but in rare cases it is possible.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/386973-Are-Creed-Guerlain-fragrances-cheaper-in-France

I'm pretty sure it's the difference between buying at the one of only two Creed boutiques (that are owned/ran by Creed), vs, having gone through the distribution chains, _especially_ once you mix in import to the US.

But with the Euro down where it is vs. the dollar right now, it's like half-price in Paris vs. the US.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why would it be cheaper in Paris? Everything in Paris, from coffee to hotels, is expensive.
Probably it will not be cheaper. But two things to bear in mind:
1. The Euro has weakened considerably in recent months, from its typical range of 1.35-1.40 against the US$ to around 1.14 today.
2. If you spend over €175, you are entitled to a rebate of the VAT which is 20%.
You may find this summary helpful:
http://www.consulfrance-miami.org/spip.php?article3438

• You must be a non-resident of the European Union. Your passport will attest of your country of residence.
  • You must be over the age of 15 at the time of purchase of the goods.
  • You must have remained in France six months or less over the past 12 months at the time of your purchase.
  • Purchases must total more than 175.00 Euros made on the same day in the same store.
  • Goods have to be exported within 3 months plus the month of purchase and refund form must be returned within 6 months of purchase.
  • They must be "tourist goods", and no more than 15 units of "the same article". That is, seller must be authorized and offer you a so-called PABLO form to complete. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByBIk_ewJLyeSWY1ZzVBMkY2WW8/edit?usp=docslist_api

Probably it will not be cheaper.

In my experience, the Creed Boutique doesn't charge the same price as the US stores do. Roughly €120 in the boutique, vs. $275 in the stores that carry them in the US. So yes, if they were charging full retail price, then it wouldn't be cheaper (and perhaps even more expensive than in the US), but my experience is that the prices are far, far lower than US retail.

I would never expect anything to be cheaper in a country that tacks on a VAT at every step of distribution, but in rare cases it is possible.

That's not true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value-added_tax

A VAT is like a sales tax in that ultimately only the end consumer is taxed. It differs from the sales tax in that, with the latter, the tax is collected and remitted to the government only once, at the point of purchase by the end consumer. With the VAT, collections, remittances to the government, and credits for taxes already paid occur each time a business in the supply chain purchases products.

The only one that actually pays the VAT is the end consumer.

Gents
My wife and I are going on a little jaunt to Paris this june. I have caught the Creed bug (thanks B&B.....argh) but the $250 price tag at neiman marcus puts me off a bit. Will it be cheaper in Paris/elsewhere in France? If not, what are reputable web sources for Creed (I've been told Green Irish Tweed is one of the most counterfeited frangrances out there and that one needs to be extremely careful). For example is beautiful perfumes via Amazon considered to be reputable?

Not sure if it’s been answered yet but Incase it hasn’t...it will
Be significantly less expensive in Paris. About 30%-40% less expensive. The reason for this, per Creed, is that their distributors or different for different countries and shipping issues involving shipping alcohol. Seems a bit absurd but that’s their story. A 100ml in the states is running $475 us and in the Paris boutique it’s just shy of 200 euro. Pure white is more than half the cost. (I’ve been to the Paris location twice, the NY location, and Las Vegas location)

It's been ten years since this post was started. I suspect the original poster has either ponied up the cash to get what he wanted or moved on by now. Either way, he likely answered his original question when he went on that vacation a decade ago.

For those that may revisit this looking for a good price on Creed maybe try the vendors like Fragrancenet or MaxAroma for discount cologne prices as they are both quite reputable. I've ordered high end colognes from both and it's always been legit. There are also several people who decant fragrances on Ebay that have very good reputations.

I'd forgo the crazy price of original creed and instead pick up one of the great clones. Armaf sells an Aventus (Club du Nuit Intense Man) and a GIT (Tres Nuit) clone. I have CDNIM and think I prefer it to the Aventus decant I have. Lasts much longer and smelss almost identical on the dry down. My wife and daughter preferred it when I had them on each wrist just because it was a bit stronger than the 2018 Aventus I had. I have not tried Tres Nuit so I can't comment personally. Best of all, CDNIM is $35 CDN on fragrancebuy.ca.

Yep, this is a zombie thread if I ever did see one.

There's plenty of good information hidden away here that you can find with the search feature.

Hi All,

I am going to Paris next week does anyone know the price for a 100ml bottle of Green Irish Tweed from the Creed Boutique? The only prices I can find is the UK website which sells Green Irish Tweed for £230 and shop called nose.fr ?

Has anyone shopped at nose.fr ?

Thanks,

Jason

If you find prices aren't a whole lot better on your trip then feel free to check out fragrancenet as I've bought legit Creed from there before at very reasonable prices. I've bought several high end brands from there many times without any problems as have others on this forum. At the moment, with the 37% discount that you can get, a 3.3 ounce bottle of GIT is right around the $200 USD mark.

With the site you're looking at you'll find a message that says Attention, the delivery of Creed perfumes is limited to the European Union. So it doesn't appear that they'll ship to the US if that's where you're located. Maybe good for comparing prices on your trip but unfortunately they won't ship here.

What about less expensive products like Trufitt & Hill, Trumper's, Musgo Real? I would think they would be cheaper in England and Portugal? Musgo Real has gone up about 300% in the last few years online. Disgusting.

If you find prices aren't a whole lot better on your trip then feel free to check out fragrancenet as I've bought legit Creed from there before at very reasonable prices. I've bought several high end brands from there many times without any problems as have others on this forum. At the moment, with the 37% discount that you can get, a 3.3 ounce bottle of GIT is right around the $200 USD mark.

With the site you're looking at you'll find a message that says Attention, the delivery of Creed perfumes is limited to the European Union. So it doesn't appear that they'll ship to the US if that's where you're located. Maybe good for comparing prices on your trip but unfortunately they won't ship here.

Cheers for the reply, fortunately I live in the UK and we are still part of the EU (for now), I emailed the actual Creed shop and someone got back to me. GIT is 165 EUR which works out to £149 which is an absolute steal as its £230 for the same bottle. Plus I know I won't get scammed as its from the official store. It's likely I will pick it up when I fly to Paris this Thursday!

Top Bottom