What's new

Will a Rockwell 6C 2/4 Plate Fit on a Rockwell 2C?

I bought the Rockwell 2C and have been using the R3 setting but I now wish I had gotten the 6c because although the R3 plate works for me, something slightly more aggressive (probably the R4) would be perfect, I think. So can I just buy a 2/4 plate and will it fit on the 2c?

I am assuming the 6c and 2c are the same razor except for the additional plate with the 6c but I want to to be SURE...

Theyre the same razor except 2c only comes with the 1 plate

Great! Now I just have to find where I can buy the plate. So far I haven't found any shaving sites that carry the individual plates except for the Rockwell site itself and they are out of stock on them (which I guess ISN'T a good sign if even the manufacturer's are out of them?) Anyway, thanks!

Great! Now I just have to find where I can buy the plate. So far I haven't found any shaving sites that carry the individual plates except for the Rockwell site itself and they are out of stock on them (which I guess ISN'T a good sign if even the manufacturer's are out of them?) Anyway, thanks!

Post a Want-to-Buy in the BST sub-forum. Maybe someone with a 6C doesn't use that plate and is willing to sell?

Post a Want-to-Buy in the BST sub-forum. Maybe someone with a 6C doesn't use that plate and is willing to sell?

Well, I found the 2/4 plate available from the Rockwell site in gunmetal. Actually that IS the color of my 2C but I think I was looking at the plate in the other finish without realizing it, and they were out of stock on those.

Should be here in a few days :straight:

Well, I found the 2/4 plate available from the Rockwell site in gunmetal. Actually that IS the color of my 2C but I think I was looking at the plate in the other finish without realizing it, and they were out of stock on those.

Should be here in a few days :straight:

Even better! Always best to buy from the manufacturer.

Even better! Always best to buy from the manufacturer.

I got the 2/4 and it looks like the experiment failed. I used a Derby Extra (least sharp blade I have) with the R4 and it was still a little too aggressive. Even got a nick which I almost never do. My beard (or LACK of beard) is in the ULTRA LIGHT category and that's all there is to it. A Derby with the R3 is too mild and with the R4 is actually too aggressive for me so I guess I have no use for the 2/4 head :c17:

The difference between the 3 and 4 is only .005" (R3/.019" and R4/.024") yet I can use a Gillette Yellow or Personna Red in the R3 and it's mild, but the R4 is too aggressive EVEN with a Derby Extra. Does that make sense? Doesn't seem like there should be that much of a difference but that's the way it performs?

Sounds like you need to stick with the 3 head and go for a sharper blade. The Personna is a bit keen but also has a lot of smooth. I'd try an Astra, Kai or feather blade to see if that brings the shave up a notch while using the mild plate.

Another thing to keep in mind is the numbers you are looking at are blade gap I bet. Blade exposure makes a lot of difference too. Just more numbers to think about. BTW, I enjoy the 5 and 6 plates on that razor.

I got the 2/4 and it looks like the experiment failed. I used a Derby Extra (least sharp blade I have) with the R4 and it was still a little too aggressive. Even got a nick which I almost never do. My beard (or LACK of beard) is in the ULTRA LIGHT category and that's all there is to it. A Derby with the R3 is too mild and with the R4 is actually too aggressive for me so I guess I have no use for the 2/4 head :c17:

The difference between the 3 and 4 is only .005" (R3/.019" and R4/.024") yet I can use a Gillette Yellow or Personna Red in the R3 and it's mild, but the R4 is too aggressive EVEN with a Derby Extra. Does that make sense? Doesn't seem like there should be that much of a difference but that's the way it performs?

For me, the R4 plate is my goto. YKMV. Maybe try it with a Voshod or Shark SS?
@HazMat Shaver has the right idea - R3 w/a sharper blade.

Top Bottom