What's new

Will a five o'clock shadow show up sooner with a safety razor?

A proper three pass shave keeps five o’clock shadow off my face sometimes 18hrs. Plus, no shaving related skin problems. Cartridge razors/electric razors I had stubble almost immediately along with razor rash/burn and ingrown hairs.

My 39c Sledgehammer shaves so close I don't get a 5 o'clock shadow for at least 2 days. It doesn't matter what make of blade I use in it.

With my Mach 3, the 5 o'clock shows up roughly the next day.

The only drawback of my Sledgehammer is having to wait for my beard to grow back for at least 2/3 days before I can use it again!

Just a final note. My wife calls my razor the 'Sledgehammer' rather than a 'razor'. The 'Sledgehammer' name has really rubbed off on her.

Jason.

If you use a open comb razor with good technique you could shave every 36 to 48 hours.
Good evening thegeneral.

I have looked at open comb razors (both standard and slanted)

I have been interested in trying an open comb razor but I have wondered if there is any real improvement between that and a standard safety bar razor. My beard isn't that overly thick (though the hairs themselves are really that tough due to being extremely straight). I do like the 'feel' of my Sledgehammer's heavy thick safety bar on my face so I am worried I may lose that if I was to use an open comb razor.

Something else that came to mind just now. How much better can safety razors get without straying into diminishing returns?

All the best.

Jason.

Top Bottom