What's new

Will a company ever make a new injector again?

I've found that the 11-blade injector pack at CVS Pharmacy/Drug store to be a good quality injector blade (and usually a pack is $4.99 in Los Angeles--or less when on sale).

Do you think some company will eventually make a new injector razor? if so do you think decent blades will be available again too?

I know one of the top honchos in the Schick product development division (which is still in Bridgeport CT, BTW), and they do not have ANY intention of going back, and would not give the specifications nor the tooling for these razors. It appears that by "reverse engineering", it is not so easy to reproduce these razors, as evident by the general experience with NWC.

The Rite-Aid blades are decent, but I don't think that they're worth the 6.50 a pack.

The CVS Injectors (NOT available at all CVS stores, BTW) seem to be almost the same blade, but with a 4.99 asking price. When I briefly used an injector I went with the CVS. I was told, though I have absolutely no way to validate this, that they were manufactured by Wilkinson Sword.

At the time I was using an injector, the Sensor cartridges were less than three dollars a pack for genuine Gillette blades, and the Injector blades were four bucks a pack. That's what initially made me give up on the Injector, I was paying more money for a less than adequate shave compared to the Sensor. You know, the same reason everyone ditches their cartridges for a DE. :001_smile

Besides, if anyone came out with a new injector, you know it would be in some loud fluorescent color scheme, with an over-done mountaineering/drift racing rubberized "sport" grip and dopey EXtRemE!! graphics....not to mention a version with a battery (Dude, if I want an ELECTRIC razor, I'll BUY an electric razor).

kee-rist....nobody has any class anymore.....

Besides, if anyone came out with a new injector, you know it would be in some loud fluorescent color scheme, with an over-done mountaineering/drift racing rubberized "sport" grip and dopey EXtRemE!! graphics....not to mention a version with a battery (Dude, if I want an ELECTRIC razor, I'll BUY an electric razor).

kee-rist....nobody has any class anymore.....

Schick has already been there, done that with some of the later model Injector handles. Tennis anyone?

Top Bottom