What's new

Wilkinson Sword superior to Gillette

I also think Wilkinson sword out ranks Gillette, I have been using the Wilkinson Sword bonded system for a while now and the trac ii twin cartridges from England. I also find the German Wilkinson Sword de blade is on par with the vintage de blade from England. Just my personal preference from many years of shaving.

I also think Wilkinson sword out ranks Gillette, I have been using the Wilkinson Sword bonded system for a while now and the trac ii twin cartridges from England. I also find the German Wilkinson Sword de blade is on par with the vintage de blade from England. Just my personal preference from many years of shaving.

Morning VBH!!
Cool, top products, WS.
I really like the fact that their carts are all made in Germany so one doesn't have to give an awful lot of thought to the question of originality...for example, i stumbled upon mach 3 carts from Germany, Poland and even China...i know that in theory they should all be the same if they are indeed all manufactured under the Gillette brand but i have personally had differing experiences when using a Polish cart as opposed to a Chinese cart, the Chinese cart actually did a fair bit better than the Polish one, go figure...
i am now a Gillette user, but only because they had the sense to construct the Skinguard, it really is awesome in my book, i even managed to shave myself the other day without a single nick or cut, i did get a few whiteheads today, but i used alum after i shaved and washed my face with cera ve BEFORE shaving as opposed to after which seems to benefit my skin better so to speak, if i were to give a comparison i'd say using alum, washing my face before shaving i got three whiteheads and when i don't use alum at all and wash my face after shaving a tend to get one...i also shaved after three days instead of two so that might have indeed caused me to grow additional whiteheads, albeit only two more...
even though i am approaching 40 i am indeed a noob shave wise...
i do apologize if i went off topic a bit, i just want to share my experiences and maybe, just maybe, help someone a little
Have a great weekend everyone reading
Cheers

Morning VBH!!
Cool, top products, WS.
I really like the fact that their carts are all made in Germany so one doesn't have to give an awful lot of thought to the question of originality...for example, i stumbled upon mach 3 carts from Germany, Poland and even China...i know that in theory they should all be the same if they are indeed all manufactured under the Gillette brand but i have personally had differing experiences when using a Polish cart as opposed to a Chinese cart, the Chinese cart actually did a fair bit better than the Polish one, go figure...
i am now a Gillette user, but only because they had the sense to construct the Skinguard, it really is awesome in my book, i even managed to shave myself the other day without a single nick or cut, i did get a few whiteheads today, but i used alum after i shaved and washed my face with cera ve BEFORE shaving as opposed to after which seems to benefit my skin better so to speak, if i were to give a comparison i'd say using alum, washing my face before shaving i got three whiteheads and when i don't use alum at all and wash my face after shaving a tend to get one...i also shaved after three days instead of two so that might have indeed caused me to grow additional whiteheads, albeit only two more...
even though i am approaching 40 i am indeed a noob shave wise...
i do apologize if i went off topic a bit, i just want to share my experiences and maybe, just maybe, help someone a little
Have a great weekend everyone reading
Cheers
Not off topic at all, I usually buy the England made Wilkinson Sword bonded, twin blade and de blades. Have a great day and weekend, be safe everyone.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I still think for me that Schick has the edge over Gillette when it comes to cartridge razors. I personally think that BIC cartridge razors are up there as well. So many great cartridge razors out there and they all have their good and bad points. Especially when it comes to getting under your nose.

1) Go buy a Gillette Super Click. 2) Cut the head off as flush as you can. 3) Super Glue (gel type) it to a used Gillette Proglide cart.

Great shaves, all the benefits of modern cart front and multiple pivots. Yet you retain the ability to change blades and lower irritation. The angle finds itself. I find sharper blades like Bic Chrome Platinum work best for me, but I have also gotten fine results from Minora SS, Nacet, Wilkinson Sword and Wizamet. You can also try a Penny Shaver cart on the Proglide handle (shown on the left in the first pic).

Attachments

• IMG_5410 - Copy.jpeg
    IMG_5410 - Copy.jpeg
    918 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5398.jpg
    IMG_5398.jpg
    888.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5397.jpg
    IMG_5397.jpg
    736 KB · Views: 32
Top Bottom