What's new

Wilkinson Sword Sticky

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

roughrider said:
Never seen one of these before. How old is it?

Not sure exactly but probably made in the 60's. I don't think this razor was ever used, it looks brand new. The handle has a polymer coating on it that makes it slightly sticky when wet. It isn't as light as it looks, the polymer must be coating metal, it is quite nicely balanced too. I suppose this razor must have looked pretty modern when it came out. It does shave very nicely, not too aggressive, but but gives a close shave. It is nice to have a razor that isn't a Gillette or a Merkur. These razors are also considerably rare, I bought it in a razor lot on ebay. I must give thanks to John (yasuo200365) for some of the info above and for helping me identify it on ebay.

Just wanted to add, it is made in England.

Hey, that's the exact same razor that my dad gave me and I now use. I don't like it much, but it's still better than my Mach3.

I picked it up in a lot of 8 razors for $30. 4 out of those 8 were not much good. The good ones were a ladies Gillette, 2 Blue Tip SS, and the Wilk. Not bad I suppose considering it was pretty much new, it was quite hidden and not obvious. One of these razors went last week for $100 on ebay.

Not sure, but I think I may have found one and paid through the nose for it.

I was watching one in a lot that ended recently for nearly what I paid for the one razor, but the pictures were not all that great. I'm sure there was one in that lot- it went for a relatively high price considering what else was in it.

So if this razor feels 'sticky' how do you keep it clean?

Can't wait to get my hands on the one I scored!

Not sure, but I think I may have found one and paid through the nose for it.

I was watching one in a lot that ended recently for nearly what I paid for the one razor, but the pictures were not all that great. I'm sure there was one in that lot- it went for a relatively high price considering what else was in it.

So if this razor feels 'sticky' how do you keep it clean?

Can't wait to get my hands on the one I scored!

If you bought the one in the lot for $80 you got a great price too. They typically sell in the $100 range if they are properly identified.

Nah. Just watched the lot.

Too many razors on hand as it is.

I bought one that was partially identified, but in slightly beat condition.

Top Bottom