What's new

Wilkinson Sword PRONTO - Germany's best selling disposable

I saw a pack of 5 of those in the supermarket for around 60 cents, and thought they were cool and I should have them lying around for some future travels. On the top of the package it reads "Germany's best selling disposable".
IMG_20201218_105908.jpg

I tried one yesterday on a whim, and it basically feels like a super cheap yet very decent safety razor. The shave itself is mild and the blade feels very similar to the Wilkinson Sword Classic DE Blade, it is very sharp and smooth, but personally leaves me with a bit of a raw feeling.

The razor does not clog at all and surprisingly takes most of the hair down on a single pass, I mean yeah there is a lot of stubble left after just one pass but no leftover or seriously unevenly cut hairs after the first pass (you do not get any pulling).

After 3 passes and a clean up I got pretty close to a BBS; today I woke up with a serious five o'clock shadow, but OK one has to limit expectations.

This might well be the perfect travel razor if need be!
IMG_20201218_105824.jpg

Pros:
mild, decently efficient (you can get an acceptable shave after a single pass), pretty effective shave (you can get pretty close to a BBS)
very cheap (around 12 cents per disposable razor)
easy to carry for travels

Cons:
too light (you have to compensate with pressure)
plastic waste

Top Bottom