What's new

Wilkinson Sword Classic Razor

Does anyone know where the Wilkinson Sword Classic razor is produced?
1652951549235.png

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have two coming from in the mail from Greece of all places. I thought that they made have been made in Turkey.

I've been meaning to get something different than what I've been using lately and have felt adventurous enough to grab the 100 count of those particular blades from amazon...NOT cheap but again, felt adventurous and many seem to like em a lot
The Wilkinson Sword blades seem to work well for me. I can get 6 to 7 shaves with them and they’re consistent from blade to blade. They’re a bit pricey but they’re worth trying out and the quality control is strong. I wonder if the Made in England Wilkinson Sword blades which were discontinued are any different.

Once upon a time these razors were good, it was real Steampunk

These are great. I ordered this Wilkinson Sword Classic kit on Prime for $10. I didn't want to spend a bunch buying a yet another razor as I've a great collection of beautiful antiques at home (and a box load of blades). But I've been away for work, forgot to pack my shave kit & needed to pick up a cheap razor to use while away. And the price of packs of cartridge razors at the grocery store is just crazy now!

Overall I'm really impressed for the price. The kit gave a fantastic shave, very close & smooth. The handle is cheap plastic but has a metal weight added to it. Its easy to get a secure grip on it with soapy hands. I like the design, but did find the head seemed a bit tricky to do the very edge of the beard under my nose.

I'd recommend this for anyone who's looking for something inexpensive to try out DE shaving without spending much, or on a tight budget, or just needs a cheap plastic disposable while on the road. For the money, you can't go wrong with this kit. I hope it's not discontinued.

I've tried a wide variety of blades over the years but I think these German Wilkinson Sword blades are going to be a new favorite. I hear people can get a week's worth of shaves from a blade. This 5 pack should last me about a month. YMMV

For cream I used Nivea gel in a can & aftershave: aloe & witchhazel.

The Classic two piece razor is still available on Amazon for $6.15.

proxy.php

This includes a tuck of five German Wilkinson Sword blades.

As is the all metal TTO version. Also on Amazon for $13.46 with a tuck of five German Wilkinson Sword blades.

proxy.php

This TTO is not a Weishi. It appears to be its own unique razor.

Despite its low price, it is a well built TTO razor that shaves both close and exceptionally well.

I use it after I have completed one pass and a clean-up with the R41, around my mustache area. It shaves close enough to do further clean-up on the rest of my face.

Nothing wrong with this TTO razor. I find it more efficient than the 34c or the DE89. Cleaning up after an R41 is saying a lot!

This could easily be an everyday razor. For less than $25, someone could purchase this razor and a year or two worth of DE blades.

Top Bottom