What's new

Wilkinson sword bonded system

Oh no!!!! more competition for the limited supply of bonded blades on the auction site!

joke! its a smooth razor, however its not sooooo much better than a trac II for example to warrant spending too much money for cartridges. I have enough carts that i can enjoy using it in rotation with my other razors but not exclusively.
Kind of hard to believe how much is actually available considering it was retired over 40 years ago I think. Did it make it into the 80s?

I have 20 blades which is ridiculous since I havent even tried it yet. My whole life I have never used a cart/blade for less than 7 shaves and only recently have been stretching them out more. I just got into the habit of changing once a week when I started, which was with Atras. That was before they didnt cost their weight in gold, lol. But even when I tried Fusion when it came out I used a new cart every week. Dont remember what they first cost but I do rememember i switched to a store brand, which now I know was the Personna Magnum 5, when either the Fusion cost increased or I just saw that Rite Aids version was less expensive.
Anyway, my bonded blades should last me awhile. Again, I cant imagine it being that much different than an injector although you compare it to a Trac II. We will compare notes when I try it.

Kind of hard to believe how much is actually available considering it was retired over 40 years ago I think. Did it make it into the 80s?

I have 20 blades which is ridiculous since I havent even tried it yet. My whole life I have never used a cart/blade for less than 7 shaves and only recently have been stretching them out more. I just got into the habit of changing once a week when I started, which was with Atras. That was before they didnt cost their weight in gold, lol. But even when I tried Fusion when it came out I used a new cart every week. Dont remember what they first cost but I do rememember i switched to a store brand, which now I know was the Personna Magnum 5, when either the Fusion cost increased or I just saw that Rite Aids version was less expensive.
Anyway, my bonded blades should last me awhile. Again, I cant imagine it being that much different than an injector although you compare it to a Trac II. We will compare notes when I try it.
Ive used my vintage schick injector Model N 3 times now whereas ive used my trac II at least 100 times in the last year. Ive shaved with my bonded maybe 5 times since i bought it. I would say the bonded is as mild as a trac ii in that its probably impossible to cut/nick yourself with it. It handles like an injector. The head is kinda tall so i do have to go xtg when shaving under the nose which i dont have to do with a trac ii.

I enjoy shaving with it and if blades were the same price as trac ii blades i would definitely buy them.

Definitely let us what you think when you shave with it.

When I worked at Osco Drugs in the late 1980´s, they definitely had the Wilkinson Bonded refills at the store. I believe they still occasionally had the razor attached as a free item.

Ive used my vintage schick injector Model N 3 times now whereas ive used my trac II at least 100 times in the last year. Ive shaved with my bonded maybe 5 times since i bought it. I would say the bonded is as mild as a trac ii in that its probably impossible to cut/nick yourself with it. It handles like an injector. The head is kinda tall so i do have to go xtg when shaving under the nose which i dont have to do with a trac ii.

I enjoy shaving with it and if blades were the same price as trac ii blades i would definitely buy them.

Definitely let us what you think when you shave with it.
Well, I got a pack of 10 a couple of weeks ago for less than $20 which is less then Gillette Trac IIs in the store. But of course you can get Personna twins or NOS Schick twins for less than $1 per cart. In bulk, Personnas are around 15 cents per cart and I have never had any issues.

When I worked at Osco Drugs in the late 1980´s, they definitely had the Wilkinson Bonded refills at the store. I believe they still occasionally had the razor attached as a free item.
Hmmm... a successful shaving system that lasted 20 years. CEO: “Let’s discontinue it.”

Hmmm... a successful shaving system that lasted 20 years. CEO: “Let’s discontinue it.”
They were selling the WII fixed twin cart and the Profile pivoting twin cart. It may have not been profitable when they sold the production line to Russia.

Well, companies are obviously finding it still profitable to sell old style razors and refills since you can buy brand new injectors, DEs, SEs, twin blades, etc. But what do we know, right?
:c1:

I switched to the Wilkinson Bonded from my black-handle SuperSpeed in about 1974. The Bonded shaved well and blades could be changed with the push of a button. I used it til 1981 when I grew a beard in law school. Don’t know what happened to it. Years later when I went back to wet shaving I found the old Gillette in a drawer and carried on as if nothing happened.

Top Bottom