What's new

Wilkinson Sword Blades Confusion

Hello!
I am relatively new to wet-shaving, and I have been trying different razor/blade combinations. I recently bought the Wilkinson sword TTO razor from amazon, and tried it (I used the included Wilkinson Sword blade). To my surprise, the first shave was quite good, but when I shaved the next day (with the same combination, I could feel the blade pulling my hair. This has never happened to me with any other blade. Is this normal? did I get a bad blade? Today I switched the blade to an Astra Superior Platinum, and it felt great. I want to see if the shapes of the Wilkinson sword blades just don't last as long as other blades or I was unlucky.
-Lucas-

Hello!
I am relatively new to wet-shaving, and I have been trying different razor/blade combinations. I recently bought the Wilkinson sword TTO razor from amazon, and tried it (I used the included Wilkinson Sword blade). To my surprise, the first shave was quite good, but when I shaved the next day (with the same combination, I could feel the blade pulling my hair. This has never happened to me with any other blade. Is this normal? did I get a bad blade? Today I switched the blade to an Astra Superior Platinum, and it felt great. I want to see if the shapes of the Wilkinson sword blades just don't last as long as other blades or I was unlucky.
I think you were unlucky. The German Wilkinson Sword blades seem pretty middle-of-the-road, much like the Astra.
1614981421057.png

Top Bottom