What's new

Wilkinson Sword Black Plastic DE Razor -Discontinued?

This classic DE razor made from delrin is no longer listed on the WS products website. -Although still available from retailers is it being discontinued?

Don't know. Treet still carries their version (copy?) - which always made me wonder which company was actually producing these. I know the Wilkinson said made in Germany or something but maybe that's just the blades? I hope Wilkinson will come up with an improved version.

I hope it's not discontinued, it's my favorite DE razor. Maybe I should get another just in case (I'm being a bad minimalist, I know).
Oh wow you really like it huh? I have one but haven't used it yet. Does yours click/wiggle if you hold handle and kind of tap top of cap?Mine does, not sure if that is normal.

Oh wow you really like it huh? I have one but haven't used it yet. Does yours click/wiggle if you hold handle and kind of tap top of cap?Mine does, not sure if that is normal.
With mine & what I've heard from others, there's a metal rod inside the handle which seems to rattle a little.

This weekend I was searching for information of new W-S shavette. So I entered the official website and selected the country closer to me (Spain).
In the Spanish website they still list the W-S Classic, and they list the new one as the "Premium" razor.
So I'm guessing that, at least in some markets, it's not discontinued.

With mine & what I've heard from others, there's a metal rod inside the handle which seems to rattle a little.
That's correct, it's the rod in the handle that rattles, the cap and body are mated solidly and the blade is held quite rigidly. The rod is just there for weight, as far as I can tell. I've also had one that didn't rattle at all.

Top Bottom