What's new

Wilkinson 7 Day set

I bought this set last weekend at an antique mall in Lawrence, Kansas. I posted about it in the September acquisitions thread but I also thought I should post here as well, and with more pics.

A Wilkinson Sword seven day safety razor set with what appears to be an unused strop, complete set of instructions and a box with two new and unused blades. I haven't cleaned it yet, this is how I found it in the wild.

Very neat sets. I snagged a mint set last week, the leather strop still wrapped in the wax paper and all 7 blades present. No signs of use at all. It didn't have any extra blades though. I hadn't planned on adding any of the Wilkinson sets to my collection but knowing what these sets go for in this condition, I couldn't pass up the $40 price. I guess this is the month of Wilkinson! Very cool score for you.. and me! :thumbup:

Congrats on a great find, Harry. I hope you brought that with you today. The case looks a little aged, but the razor looks brand new! :thumbup1:

I managed to tear the strop in half on one of mine, so be careful as the leather can be easily damaged. On mine the strop seemed to be too thick, maybe the leather was swollen?? However, I did find out that a Valet strop fits and seems to work well, either the leather or rubber variety.

So keep your strop intact and buy a cheap Autostrop. Don't make the same mistake I did.

I managed to tear the strop in half on one of mine, so be careful as the leather can be easily damaged. On mine the strop seemed to be too thick, maybe the leather was swollen?? However, I did find out that a Valet strop fits and seems to work well, either the leather or rubber variety.

So keep your strop intact and buy a cheap Autostrop. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Top Bottom