What's new

Wild West Shaving Company

I ordered some soap a couple of weeks ago, and the order still hasn’t been processed although my card was charged immediately.

the number in the email to call doesn’t work.

anyone know what’s up?

I don't know why no one has replied to your post as I recall some chatter in reference
to the Wild West soaps a while back and it was quite good. I see that the web site is up and running
so I'm surprised that you haven't gotten some kind of reply. Possibly some vendor personal issues but
no reply isn't a good sign. I had the same issues with Sudsy Soapery a week or so back when I left a bad review
they suddenly replied but not to my satisfaction. After buying both shave and bath soap for a couple years
with them I realized that my business wasn't important to them so I just moved on to other vendors.
Hopefully it's a personal or internet issue that will be resolved.

Wild West Brushworks (Derek Wheeler, whose family was impacted by the fire) is different from Wild West Shaving. I had read some time ago that Russell Barton from Wild West Shaving was having some health issues, but I am not sure if that is still the case.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I don't know why no one has replied to your post as I recall some chatter in reference
to the Wild West soaps a while back and it was quite good. I see that the web site is up and running
so I'm surprised that you haven't gotten some kind of reply. Possibly some vendor personal issues but
no reply isn't a good sign. I had the same issues with Sudsy Soapery a week or so back when I left a bad review
they suddenly replied but not to my satisfaction. After buying both shave and bath soap for a couple years
with them I realized that my business wasn't important to them so I just moved on to other vendors.
Hopefully it's a personal or internet issue that will be resolved.
i got several emails requesting my product review post purchase from SS and i finally responded and said i hated the item and you are not going to like my review. They responded that they want honest reviews and i could return the item for store credit. I didn't review it or mail it back. Packing and mailing is a hassle for me unless its a high price item.
Wild west soap was ok but i didn't like the tiny container. I hope the owner is okay. The soap guy is not related to the brush guy. But they were both victims of fire?

Top of The Chain in Canada is/was the most prominent vendor of Wild West Shaving soaps and AS/EdC. I have soaps waiting in my basket for months because they were/are out of stock. There is no information on when these WWS products will be back in stock. I still don't have the slightest idea of what is going on. The internet site of WWS states on its shop page: "Shop closed for maintenance."
Russel Barton is a really nice guy. I hope he will be back soon. His last video on his YT-channel was on January 26th of 2019, more than one year ago.

Does anyone know more?

Top Bottom