What's new

Wiki-Wiki-Who's-Got-The-Wiki 1

I will help as well. Was part of building the wiki templates that are used for products (razors, blades, brushes, soaps, creams etc).

The good news is that wikis are made for lots of people to contribute. It’s impossible to break and if you delete or change something and then regret it, everything that was before is saved and easily brought back.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I use the wiki, not as much as I used to though. I kept a running inventory of all my shave stuff on my User Page. I also look up various razors and check technical points. I used to help with editing and I made a couple entries but I remember it became a kind of a pain to work with it. Making changes needed to be approved and that didn't always happen promptly.

Need to work on my user page, there haven't been additions for a few years ... last edit 2017!

I'd be sad to see it go, I put a fair amount of work into it.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I don't have all the knowledge but I can get around and fix some pages if required. I believe the software evolved a bit so I might be rusty. Happy to help if I can!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The Wiki is part of B&B's glorious history and tradition. I agree that it needs an update and it needs to become easier, more intuitive and more user-friendly. But it must be kept, IMHO.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I don't have all the knowledge but I can get around and fix some pages if required. I believe the software evolved a bit so I might be rusty. Happy to help if I can!

Luc, you are the Wiki Master. No doubt about it, my dear friend! :ouch1:

Received a question from a member. I assume this would be OK but wanted to check first.
1637673757393.png

Do you use the Wiki at B&B and if so, what do you use the Wiki for?
Looking up info, editing pages when I don't see the info I seek on B&B.
What do you like about the Wiki?
Mostly the historic articles, the illustrations by @ShavingByTheNumbers and some tabular data.
What do you dislike about the Wiki?
The organization. Using a search engine and restricting the results to the wiki is easier than the wiki search and that is much easier than navigating the wiki.
What affect would the disappearance of the Wiki have on you?
A valuable source of info lost.
Could the information that is in the Wiki be effectively published in easier to manage forums, threads and posts?
I think this is replacing one problem with another. It would be much better if the wiki is reorganized and if you need my help, I will gladly help (within my time constraints). So far I have only edited content, but if you are looking for someone with programming skills, I can be useful.

OK, did we remove the Wiki? I went to look something up just a minute ago and got the error of page not found! And, the link is gone!!!

Tom

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
OK, did we remove the Wiki? I went to look something up just a minute ago and got the error of page not found! And, the link is gone!!!

Tom
Nope. Related to some other issues we seem to be having.

The Wiki says "I'll be back!"

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I'm in, the wiki holds a lot of useful information and it would be a shame to lose it for want of a bit of work

Top Bottom