What's new

Wife's first DE shave on legs

I convinced my wife to try out my 40's Super Speed for leg shaving.

After her shower, I worked up some lather for her and showed her how to handle the razor. The shave went very well; no nicks or irritation, and she got a pretty smooth result (for just one pass).

Her only complaint is that it takes more time to DE shave. She is a speed demon with her cart razor (it's hard for me to even watch her shave /w a cart :blink:). I'm not sure she will use the DE regularly, but it's now an option.

I tried to tell her that once she's comfortable with the DE razor, it shouldn't take much more time to shave, and she can use her shave gel instead of a lather.

We'll see what happens.

My wife had the exact same response, it takes too long. She said most young girls are taught that way, fast long strokes against the grain. It scares the cr@p out of me when I see it!

She did say that she really liked the soap and it's scent (Razorock Essential Oil of Lime), and the pretty handle on the Edwin Jagger rose coloured handle.

One thing I made sure of when we built our house was that a large bench was built into the shower for her comfort while shaving, she said it made a world of difference. I've noticed since getting the new shower she takes her time a bit more shaving.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
My wife loves using a DE razor and cream. It took her a little while to give it a shot, but I don't think she's going back any time soon.

I'd be concerned if I were to inspire my wife to ditch her cart for a DE for leg shaving for 2 reasons: 1) If things were to go badly, she'd blame it on me. 2) If she liked it, she'd raid my stuff and start making me mad........ ; )

I'd be concerned if I were to inspire my wife to ditch her cart for a DE for leg shaving for 2 reasons: 1) If things were to go badly, she'd blame it on me. 2) If she liked it, she'd raid my stuff and start making me mad........ ; )
+1 I'm in the exact same boat with you!!!

#2 could be a problem! I have a pet peeve with misplaced items.

image.jpg (53.7 KB)

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 154
My wife actually asked if I could show her how to make some lather up properly given how often I have been telling her that the traditional method is so much better than foam from a can.
She was very impressed with the scent of the Rose TOBS cream I chose and I definitely think I have made a convert of her. I think that using a DE razor instead of her cartridge may be a step too far for her just yet but I will keep working on it.

My wife has tried a few different soaps so far, but still says the arko stick is her favorite! With a lather whipped up with the Omega Pro 49

Her only complaint is that it takes more time to DE shave. She is a speed demon with her cart razor (it's hard for me to even watch her shave /w a cart :blink:).
My wife had the exact same response, it takes too long. She said most young girls are taught that way, fast long strokes against the grain. It scares the cr@p out of me when I see it!
Thanks, gents, I finally get it now. They are doing the equivalent of pick-ups below the jawline. The applicable technique is "balance point method." Hair so wispy that power must be transmitted by impact, rather than skin tension. No doubt they can be as fast and safe with DE.

wife loves her some arko, had to order her few more, so she would stay out of my soaps(samples).:thumbup1:

My wife has tried a few different soaps so far, but still says the arko stick is her favorite! With a lather whipped up with the Omega Pro 49

My wife just started using my DE as well. She seems to like it and will ask me to "prepare" her a lather. If she keeps it up, I'll need to find a nice soap with a scent appropriate for women. Don't want my wife's legs to smell like Tabac or Windsor!!!

My wife just started using my DE as well. She seems to like it and will ask me to "prepare" her a lather. If she keeps it up, I'll need to find a nice soap with a scent appropriate for women. Don't want my wife's legs to smell like Tabac or Windsor!!!

Sounds like a strong chance of conversion! Hope she sticks with it.

Top Bottom