What's new

Wife's blasé reaction to lost razor

I have a Harry's cart razor, which still gets occasional use if I'm traveling or time is short.

I noticed that it was missing from its usual spot a couple of days ago, and I know I'm not the one who lost it.

Wife and 10-year-old child both claim no knowledge of how it happened (which I'd expected).

As I hunted for it yesterday, wife said, "Why are you stressing yourself out? You have so many other razors!"

As I hunted for it yesterday, wife said, "Why are you stressing yourself out? You have so many other razors!"

She's right, especially since it's super inexpensive... and a cart. :D

Happy wife, happy life, move on and use this opportunity to buy something else. :D

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
What’s important to a man is often quite different to what’s important for a woman. Things that really chap my backside are like water off a duck’s back to my wife.

My wife was the last to use my Bose QC35’s. They are not in their case and she doesn’t know where they are.

Doors closed and lights turned off. Kids toys where they belong and not set as traps for me to trip over during the night. I lose my mind over these small things. She could care less.

Check the oil and tire pressure? Heck no.
She told me the light had been on on her van for 3 days telling her the tire was low but she didn’t have time to mess with it.

Is it worth a marriage? Naw

Some things in life are not worth arguing about!
Like ending a sentence with a preposition.

A man has got to know his limitations!!

Since she doesn’t understand why things like that rub me wrong I needed to vent here!

My wife was the last to use my Bose QC35’s. They are not in their case and she doesn’t know where they are...I lose my mind over these small things. She could care less...
Since she doesn’t understand why things like that rub me wrong I needed to vent here!

Exactly. Thank you, sir.

My wife also managed to lose the Razorock Plissoft I gave her, which she uses to whip up soap for her nightly face-washing regimen. That doesn't seem to bother her much either...she went back to the Omega 48 she liberated from me, even though she likes the Plissoft better!

What’s important to a man is often quite different to what’s important for a woman. Things that really chap my backside are like water off a duck’s back to my wife.

My wife was the last to use my Bose QC35’s. They are not in their case and she doesn’t know where they are.

Doors closed and lights turned off. Kids toys where they belong and not set as traps for me to trip over during the night. I lose my mind over these small things. She could care less.

Check the oil and tire pressure? Heck no.
She told me the light had been on on her van for 3 days telling her the tire was low but she didn’t have time to mess with it.

Is it worth a marriage? Naw

Some things in life are not worth arguing about!
Like ending a sentence with a preposition.

A man has got to know his limitations!!

vive la difference! I've been with the same woman now for 38 years. We have a lot of the same opinions, but the things that get us upset are very different. She flies off the handle with any health crisis. I'm generally calm, cool, collected and planning the next step. I'm generally freaking out over home & auto repairs and she's Joe Cool.

Im with your wife on this one. Its just a razor and you can go to Wal-Mart or Target and buy another one any time. Theres nothing to stress out about. Thats one of the things that I really like since I switched back to carts: if I lose my razor, I dont really care because I can just buy another one.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Me, reading the paper yesterday morning, before my wife talked to me:

proxy.php

Me, listening to my wife tell me about some "girl thing" of great importance to her but not affecting real life. I think it had to do with Real Housewives or Sex in the City or a handbag sale or she lost her razor or something ...

proxy.php

Me, ten minutes later:

proxy.php

It is almost 18 months since my wife died after an 18 month illness. There is nothing I own that I would not give up to have her back. Gentlemen, appreciate what you have and don’t sweat the small stuff. Instead of getting upset, take some time to imagine what it would be like without your wife and what you would give up to have her back. With that perspective it is easy to see how trivial the trivial things and events truly are.

That says it all.
It is almost 18 months since my wife died after an 18 month illness. There is nothing I own that I would not give up to have her back. Gentlemen, appreciate what you have and don’t sweat the small stuff. Instead of getting upset, take some time to imagine what it would be like without your wife and what you would give up to have her back. With that perspective it is easy to see how trivial the trivial things and events truly are.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the perspective, sir.

martym

vive la difference! I've been with the same woman now for 38 years. We have a lot of the same opinions, but the things that get us upset are very different. She flies off the handle with any health crisis. I'm generally calm, cool, collected and planning the next step. I'm generally freaking out over home & auto repairs and she's Joe Cool.

Yup!
These last 3 plus months rebuilding our home we only disagreed on one item.
We are both very Alpha and very stubborn but we agree on so many things. She’s very emotion guided and I am always looking at things from a practical standpoint!
It’s truly hilarious at times.
Makes life, work, and marriage very interesting!!

I lost my wife of 46 years 3 years ago and I too would give up anything I own to have her back. Don't sweat the small stuff.

So true!!

Very sorry for your loss!!

martym

I am so very sorry for your loss.

martym

Last year when my wife was diagnosed with a brain tumor I was devastated.
It really put all the little petty things in perspective.
I can replace lost items. I can not replace her.

Top Bottom