What's new

Wife Starting to DE Shave

Is she using the mild or medium Henson? Thanks in advance for responding...
She uses the mild version with Astra SP blades. She likes regular Dove soap for lubrication in the shower. She does like a little Cella Bio for under her arms though because she said it cuts through her deodorant better. She'll also grab the Nivea aftershave balm if something goes rough.

She uses the mild version with Astra SP blades. She likes regular Dove soap for lubrication in the shower. She does like a little Cella Bio for under her arms though because she said it cuts through her deodorant better. She'll also grab the Nivea aftershave balm if something goes rough.
I just ordered the mild Henson for my wife; she's interested in trying it (as am I)... I have the Cella Bio so she can try that if the Aveeno in the can doesn't get the job done; thanks for the tip!

I bought my wife a razor like that a couple of years ago, she likes it. Well, the epilator, too.
s-l1600.jpg

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
A few thoughts based on the LOTH's experience:
  • While speed is of concern -- mostly because she doesn't love shaving or find it particularly zen -- she really liked the brush and cream (Proraso white, sensitive skin, oatmeal and green tea) approach over a spreadable "goo". A dollop of cream and a damp synthetic brush, and she swears she gets a closer nicer shave. She never found a "goo" that she liked, so that was an easy switch. She's been using the brush and Proraso for over a year, and has no intention of going back to any kind of shave "goo".

• She doesn't like dealing with razor blades, so getting rid of the cartridges has been a challenge, but....she broke her collar bone a while back, and I ended up with shaving duty, so I used the Lady Eversharp (aka Schick Type K4 -- long yellow handle, hydro-magic lever for ease of cleaning) on her and she said she'd try switching to it when she runs out of cartridges. No blood, no irritation, and even a single pass made for a smooth shave.
Net net: I personally prefer a Schick injector (or Eversharp) when I'm in a hurry, as my technique may suffer when I turn up the speed. The Leaf sort of looks "injector'ish" to me, but I don't know anything about it. With a collection surpassing 3-digits, I have lots of different options (DE, SE, AC, Straights, Hair Shapers, and various proprietary blades), but for those who aren't into the history, just looking for a good (and fairly "easy") shave, and who aren't looking to personally handle the blades, I would REALLY suggest an injector....even a "new old stock in box" one is likely to be as cheap or cheaper than some of the modern systems.

Good luck to you both, and please do keep us posted.

Hello everyone,

I was able to do a little convincing and was able to get my wife to start using a DE safety razor to shave her legs. Her skin is fairly temperamental and learning all the new things lately I truly believe DE shaving will help her out quite a bit.

She’s only shaved twice with one of my razors and she seems to like it so far.

So my request/question to anyone that has experience shaving their legs. Any tips, tricks, pointers, products you can suggest would be appreciated.

One of the concerns she has is that it’s way more time consuming than what she’s previously use to. Any time saving tricks would be useful as well. She typically shaved in the mornings before work and she’s trying to move quick so she can get ready and get to work.

Over-all everything will stack up the same, I’m sure, but legs are a larger surface area to cover and more curves and angles to consider along with just a different experience to work through.

Just curious if anyone has some good pointers.

I appreciate everyone’s time and input. Everyone has been a tremendous help and support since I’ve started posting and poking around. ☺️
So how’s it going for her? I saw that you mentioned speed was important. I don’t have experience with lots of different razors, but I can say that with the Gillette 195 Adjustable (AKA Fatboy) set on “1” I can shave very quickly with almost no fear of cutting myself going that fast.

If interested, here a Razor Emporium video for women shaving their legs:

So how’s it going for her? I saw that you mentioned speed was important. I don’t have experience with lots of different razors, but I can say that with the Gillette 195 Adjustable (AKA Fatboy) set on “1” I can shave very quickly with almost no fear of cutting myself going that fast.

If interested, here a Razor Emporium video for women shaving their legs:
Well, she used a DE razor for a few weeks and now has stopped lol. I tried. She might come back to it later, but all is good. Whatever makes her happy is fine with me.

Top Bottom