What's new

Wife Not Happy-Left Town and Left A Note

I'm going to get flamed for this, but Green Irish Tweed smells like Lucky No. 6, an obnoxious, teeny bopper fragrance popularized by knuckle dragging retards trying to keep from drooling on themselves while jerking their limbs about in a vain attempt at dancing in a sleazy club. I can't stand it and, by extension, I can't stand Green Irish Tweed.

You're entitled to not like it. But to be clear, Lucky No. 6 was issued in 2006, 21 years after GIT, and was likely very deliberately designed to smell similar to GIT and/or Cool Water.

LOL! My parents are gone now but when I look at old pictures from the 60's-70's I see that that I have become my father. Wife and I have 3 boys- 16, 18, and 21. They think 'Mom" and I are pretty much idiots and out of it. Just like I thought about things back in the day. I was the youngest of 4. Parents were worn out by the time they got to me. Dad fought the Japanese in WWII only to end up raising chuckleheads in the turbulent 60's, 70's, and to a degree the 80's. All the while using a Fatboy or a Slim Adjustable! :thumbup1:

Don't worry. In my teens, I thought the old man was stuck in his ways and unable to adapt to modern times. In my twenties, I thought, gee, he's pretty smart. By the time I was in my thirties, I thought he was a genius.

I still miss the old codger.

You're entitled to not like it. But to be clear, Lucky No. 6 was issued in 2006, 21 years after GIT, and was likely very deliberately designed to smell similar to GIT and/or Cool Water.

Granted. Either way, Lucky is the more popular and recognizable fragrance. Ergo, you're more likely to be thought of as wearing Lucky than GIT.

My wife kind of likes Stetson.

Mine does too and she buys it for me at Christman and Fathers Day.

I cast my votes for Stetson, Grey Flannal, and Bay Rum.

Also try the Ivy Club Spice it smell like Orginal Ole Spice. My wife swore she hated OS but when I started using IC she said I like that.

OP here. I'm somewhat encouraged in that others have had the same experience.

What great advice! I should say that the wife came home late today from the quick business trip with a small present. She was with some work buds and had bought a bottle of Chrome. "For starters" she said.

Dear Pappy... You suck:cursing:! That's just the jealousy talking, of course:crying:. At least you have a LOTH that has decided to be an active participant. Mine is tolerant, with a side-order of bemused. I'd gladly have a lady wanting to work with me in the scent hunt.

At least she's supportive of me buying a bottle of Grafton with birthday money from my parents! (Now, if I could convince her that it would be nice for her to wear a scent, too...)

Just two comments.

Women react to scents. This is (probably) not a dominance game. It's elemental, not a reaction she can change.

You can't possibly smell yourself after you and the cologne react. Some here have already said that it does not matter what it smells like in the bottle, but what you smell like after 30 minutes.

Good luck, but it seems you already have good luck.

DavyRay
Fortune smiles on the well-prepared.

Granted. Either way, Lucky is the more popular and recognizable fragrance. Ergo, you're more likely to be thought of as wearing Lucky than GIT.

I never heard of Lucky in this region, but coolwater was/is very popular.
So here people would recognize it as coolwater.
Although some people would think it would be T&H Freshman which is also very very similar.

There are tons's of great scents out there! Unlike most members of this forum, I am NOT a fan of the older inexpensive aftershaves...I bought some clubman for the shave den, and have used it a few times but my primary scents are: John Varvatos Vintage, Polo Double Black, Armani Acqua di Gio, Dolce & Gabbana Light blue, and Abercrombie & Fitch Woods. all Modern scents that will have you smell like a man...but a man that women want to be around.:biggrin1:

If you are looking for something more affordable, Bath and Body works has some Ok scents, their Noir and Ocean scents are nice as is the C.O Bigelow line, with the Elixir Black, Green and Blue being my favorites...and while you are there you can pick up the excellent C.O Bigelow shaving cream that they normally have on sale!

I'm not far behind the OP age at 48, and I get more compliments from Women about how great I smell.....every time my fiance and I are out some woman approaches me and and ask what I am wearing and it drives my fiance crazy!

Go to a Macy's or a Dillards, bring the wife and see what she likes, I'm sure there will be a happy compromise.

I'm fortunate that SWMBO and I have similar tastes in scents. As far as colognes go, I don't even try the <30 ones because they always have odd reactions on me and all turn into day-old B.O. in the blink of an eye. However, with AS, I use Skin Bracer. I love it as it's what my grandfather used and always evokes memories of him. My wife and kids all absolutely adore the scent so I got lucky there.

Good luck!!

Top Bottom