What's new

Wife Cleaned the Top Shelf - Surprise!

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
My wife cleaned out the top shelf of our hall closet and found some treasures.

Unopened jar of Castle Forbes Lavender. It is of some unknown vintage, but I suspect it's 3-5 years old. I used it yesterday and it was fine. I'm not sure the scent survived as well as the cream.

A couple of samples of Martin de Candre bar soap (lavender and honey). These are probably about a year and a half old and I'm not sure I actually knew they were in there. I purchased some of the small blocks of Marseille soaps and these were at the bottom of the wrapping paper. The lavender is lovely.

Half used tub of Cella - that one was beyond using and was tossed.

A new tub of MdC - I knew that was in there as I buy them two at a time. That one was in the front where I could see it.

A Gillette three bladed cart with a full pack of blades. This was the interesting one. There was a used blade on the razor that had to be 15 years old, so I used it. Kidding!!! I tossed that one and opened the pack. I had to figure out how to get the old cart off and the new one on, but that wasn't too complicated for a man of my obvious intelligence and social skills! I couldn't remember what it was like to shave with a cart, so I gave it a go. Wow - a bit like pulling the hairs out. In terms of comfort it was the worst shave I've had in 15 years. But surprisingly enough, the results were pretty not too bad. I figured with the three blades every pass was really three passes - so I only did 6/2. I could see how this would be a good choice for someone who was in a big hurry and only had time for one pass and some aftershave burn. I'm assuming the only shavers who would suffer through a shave with this beast are the guys who like the burn. :001_tt2:

I will probably use this razor again in 15 years, after my wife finds my next hiding place and I forget what it's like to pull the hairs out. But it did make for some interesting variety in my morning routine.

Check your closets.

Haha this might have felt like a good day. The wife did some cleaning (I mean, I hope you helped her!), and you found some nice stuff!

Top Bottom