What's new

Wife asks "Pinaud, Is that French?

Wednesday, after I shaved, I applied Pinaud Clubman and went down stairs. My wife (who has very expensive taste and automatically dislikes anything cheap) give me a hug and says "You smell good. It's kind of citrusy. What is it?"
So I simply answer "It's called Clubman by Pinaud." That's when she asks "Pinaud, is that French?"
I just say "It sounds French doesn't it."

:laugh::lol:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
It is indeed of French origin;

http://www.clubman.com/about_01.shtml

I do know some people whom, if you told them Williams Mug Soap was an exotic mixture and cost 30 bucks a puck, would rave about how wonderful it is.
Folks can be the same about anything, including fragrances.

In any case, regardless of cost or perceived quality of scent, The Ed. Pinaud line has a very colorful history, and is well liked by many here.

I have a number of different aftershaves but I wear Clubman every Friday. Look for the Clubman Friday thread. There's quite a few members who take part. You're in good company here.

+1 for this. I love having inexpensive things that perform like expensive things.

I do know some people whom, if you told them Williams Mug Soap was an exotic mixture and cost 30 bucks a puck, would rave about how wonderful it is.

In any case, regardless of cost or perceived quality of scent, The Ed. Pinaud line has a very colorful history, and is well liked by many here.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
To me Pinaud Clubman is simply a great US barbershop lotion. I love it, my wife loves it and even my little Joey seems to love it!

That is the funny part! If she knew that I bought it at a drug store for less than $10 she would instantly hate it.

Correct on all counts !!!

Cool Wave is Made in France (at least the one I purchase in Canada), does that make it french? Absolutely.
Now Pinaud was originally french but now it's produced in the USA. Is it French? No.
proxy.php

My bottle of Licac Vegetal says Lilas de France on the label. On the side it says Ed. Pinaud Paris New York. The little peel-off white label around the stopper says Pinaud Paris New York Toronto

I'm a full on Clubman junkie. I have the Clubman original and Bay Rum AS, the talc, the shampoo, and Club Mend when my neck decides it's mad at me for shaving it. My wife, who's notoriously picky, likes it.

Top Bottom