What's new

Wife absolutely refuses to give me a say in home decor.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
In my previous life I spent many hour counselling people about married life often to no avail. When I retired I decided to stop trying to help others navigate their problems. I will agree with one poster who said “This is not a decorating problem”.

If you want to work it out get help to communicate because these things fester. That is the best I can say.
I hope that this or some other advise someone posted helps you.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Going on a year here. This is one depressing thread to read probably should have been left in the past unless op had some update or is in jail. 😞

Sometimes those adds are hilarious

Attachments

• 0B59C5D6-F2EC-4A93-9D28-4DCD0FF22E0E.png
    0B59C5D6-F2EC-4A93-9D28-4DCD0FF22E0E.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
My 5 cents; you moved into her house. Should have discussed rules before, the does and don'ts.

Getting rid of your cooking stuff is verboten! I would refuse to cook....

Good luck.....

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Going on a year here. This is one depressing thread to read probably should have been left in the past unless op had some update or is in jail. 😞
Unfortunately the thread was bumped by a post with a spam link to an interior decor website from a now deleted account.

Sigh...too many times I have heard, seen or been a part of situations similar to this. I was divorced at 25 after 5 years of marriage. I didn't find my next life partner until I was 55. It took me a while. We talk and discuss literally everything because it's how we communicate and respect each other. After 12 years we've grown to know each other to the point that we know enough about ourselves that we can make reasonably intelligent assumptions about ourselves etc. There's still the occasional surprise which we work through. Your wife is not interested in your opinions, how you see things or feel about her "choices". I think there's good advice here but for me, the situation is familiar from various women I have been involved with. The end result for me was to walk away or I made it clear that what I saw as unfair, unreasonable and I would not "go along" with, they usually left. Perfect.
You have one life. Why live it in misery? She is unwilling to listen, compromise or respect you, your opinions and feelings.
Look after yourself, sir....first and foremost.

I just recently celebrated my 35th anniversary with my wife. It's not been a walk in the park every day. Many days, particularly in the last 15 years, have been, but never all. I've been on the end of having some things thrown away that I cherished. She doesn't see things the same way I do. One thing I've decided for me (and it may not work for you) is that I love my wife. My job isn't to change her behaviors or beliefs, but to learn to love her with her behaviors and beliefs. My responsibility is to change my thinking and behavior in order that she may feel my love. One shortcoming I've found in myself is I tend to love things and use people, when what I'm supposed to do is use things and love people. I have not reached this belief without struggle, failures, heck, we've even talked of divorce a few times. And I lose my temper from time to time, but she forgives me just like I forgive her. A marriage is usually 80/20 rather than 50/50. I'm just never when when I'm the 80 or the 20, and I have to be prepared at any time to be either.

Top Bottom