What's new

widely available (US) blades?

I was wondering if there are any blades that are typically available at US stores (Wal-mart, CVS, Walgreens, Target,...) that would be recommended for a newbie. I plan to get a sampler pack, but I'd like to get shaving tomorrow if possible - I got my HD today.

Thanks,
Birch

You can get the Personnas at WalMart and lots of chain drugstores and grocery stores. . . .but I wouldn't. They rip me up good every time I try 'em.

Just wait for the sampler--yeah, right.:tongue_sm Go get the Personnas and give 'em a try!!!!

BTW--won't the HD come with a box of Merkurs?

mrob said:
You can get the Personnas at WalMart and lots of chain drugstores and grocery stores. . . .but I wouldn't. They rip me up good every time I try 'em.

Just wait for the sampler--yeah, right.:tongue_sm Go get the Personnas and give 'em a try!!!!
Ditto.

mrob said:
BTW--won't the HD come with a box of Merkurs?

The Merkur Vision comes with a box of Merkur blades. The HD comes with a single blade. Most people advise against using the single blade that comes with the HD and various other Merkur razors. The blade moves around and takes a beating during shipping.

roughrider said:
The Merkur Vision comes with a box of Merkur blades. The HD comes with a single blade. Most people advise against using the single blade that comes with the HD and various other Merkur razors. The blade moves around and takes a beating during shipping.
Ditto. Try the Personnas or the CVS storebrand..

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The Personnas chew my face up pretty good too. For a newbie, the Wilkinsons are easy to find and fairly gentle, which is a good thing while you're mastering that "not too much pressure" thing.

Top Bottom