What's new

Wide Sampler of Tea?

SWMBO has expressed interest in getting into loose leaf teas, so I figured it'd make for a good Xmas gift. She never drinks more than a cup of tea or coffee at a time, so I think I'm just gonna stick with a cup infuser instead of a pot for now.

I'm leaning toward this for an infuser: http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-Twisting-Ball/dp/B008H2JMFW

Now I'm on the hunt for a wide sampler of tea for her to dive into. I checked out Upton Tea and a couple others, but it only seems like they have samplers geared toward specific types (like one sampler just for oolong, one just for Ceylon). What I'd like is one sampler with 10 or 12 teas that include one or two examples of 8 or 10 different styles.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I second the Jas-eTea recommendation, to build your own sampler pack. And maybe augment that with some locally sourced black tea from a local asian grocery market, assuming that style is what she is most familiar with.

Your infuser is fine, but I would also recommend that you consider one of the many variations of this style. To give the tea more room to expand and should be easier to manage, in that there is a lid to rest the infuser on after brewing and/or to also cover the cup while brewing to preserve more heat.
$31el5II6CyL._SX300_.jpg

For a single cup of tea, I like the one that StillShaving has pointed to also.

Cheers,
Steve
www.JAS-eTea.com

I second the Jas-eTea recommendation, to build your own sampler pack. And maybe augment that with some locally sourced black tea from a local asian grocery market, assuming that style is what she is most familiar with.

Your infuser is fine, but I would also recommend that you consider one of the many variations of this style. To give the tea more room to expand and should be easier to manage, in that there is a lid to rest the infuser on after brewing and/or to also cover the cup while brewing to preserve more heat.
View attachment 389028

Top Bottom