What's new

Why.......?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Why are some blades packed so stupidly that it is a hassle to open them??
Today I wanted a new blade and chose a Black Feather blade. It is packed like most blades in a small folded paper. But this is glued shut with some wax (I would guess), and it is also glued to the blade with the same goo. Now, while I was trying to get this paper off, I cut myself, getting an idea how sharp this blade really is. Nothing major until I squeezed a lemon into my drink with my fingers....then I felt that the cut was actually much deeper than I thought.
Why are some blade packaging papers glued on and some not??? I don't see a reason for the gluing.

Good question. I hate wrappers with glue on them, and blades with glue on them. The yellow-box feathers I have don't have glue, and neither do my Swedes. That might be another reason they're about the only blades I use.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Just one more reason I love the Personna Blade packs from Wally world. They are cheap, easy to dispense, and work quite well regardless of what razor I put them in. YMMV

Best blade packs are the Dutch Schicks (same type as the Wal-Mart Personnas and CVS house brand, I think), so you can dispense a new blade with your thumb; the original design was, I think, Gillette's.

KAI DE blades also don't have the glue on them, and it's a nice feature. I don't mind double-wrapped blades, but the glued ones are a little annoying.

In order to use a DE and get your class one DE License you must have a minimum degree of manual dexterity and those wrappers are your test. Did you pass? If not turn in your DE. The Gillette Police are on their way over.

In order to use a DE and get your class one DE License you must have a minimum degree of manual dexterity and those wrappers are your test. Did you pass? If not turn in your DE. The Gillette Police are on their way over.

:laugh:

No need to send the G police, though; I feel certain he will not make that mistake again!

:biggrin:

Top Bottom