What's new

Why weepers now?

It all began a few weeks ago. Had been getting BBS shaves from both my DE and Schick razors day after day for well over a year when suddenly a few weeks ago I started getting weepers everywhere. My neck, cheeks, below my lower lip...

I use Red Isreali Personnas, Isreali Personnas, Gillette Super Thins, Gillette Platinum Plus, Schick Plus Platinum, Gillette Bleue Extras... a selection of excellent DE blades. Injectors include NOS Schick Plus Platinum, Kronas and Personnas 74s.

The razors run the gamut from Type E to J Schicks and various old type, New Improved, New and TTO Gillettes.

I shave after a shower, pre-shave cream then either a cream or soap. Same routine everyday.

What say you?

Mike

Not that I noticed. Today's shave was with a British Rocket and a Gillette Bleue Extra. much better but still a few here and there.

Mike

A newly made Gillette Bleue blade..similar to an SE blade..I always figured any non stiff made de blade tends to "flex"..some more than others..just my $.02

Take it back to the basics. Use your favorite razor, blade, soap/cream and brush for a while and see if that helps.

EDIT: What I mean is just use one razor, one blade until you get it figured out. Every razor takes a slightly different angle, especially going from Single Edge to Double Edge.

Last edited:
Has there been any discernable difference in your skin recently (not just on your face), or any changes to your skin care regimen?
Any new medications, including aspirin, other antiplatelet agents, or herbal remedies?

Last edited:
Have you changed soaps/creams lately? I have one cream that when I first started using it caused a reaction of sorts and little bumps appeared on a small portion of my face and of course they translated into a few brief weepers.
Just a thought.

Take it back to the basics. Use your favorite razor, blade, soap/cream and brush for a while and see if that helps.

EDIT: What I mean is just use one razor, one blade until you get it figured out. Every razor takes a slightly different angle, especially going from Single Edge to Double Edge.
What James said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

have you been trying for BBS recently? I noticed I got a few weepers when I started really trying to get a close shave. I'd actually get a few really small ingrown hairs that were virtually unnoticeable to the naked eye, but when a razor went over it it'd just slice off the top.

Could be you are losing focus after having some success. Try adding something that requires focus (switch hands?).

Give your skin a chance to heal and recooperate its PH balance. This is what i do when i cant get a good shave sometimes, and ill use a hair clipper to trim the beard really low giving me that Miami Vice look, this way i dont look to bummy, and my skin gets plenty of Recoop time, then shave in a week or 2, then Vioala my skin is back to normal and i get myself the best BBS shave ever. Also stick with one balde brand and same razor for at least 2 weeks. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for all the advice. No, no new meds but the hydration possibility is a good one. I have noticed more bumps than usual on my neck though.

I change soap/cream about every week but have not added any new ones. I have to give some thought about not shaving for a week or so.

Mike

Top Bottom