What's new

why the price?

since this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140416464272&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT isn't an aristocrat, looks like a pristine common bar handled new, what would justify the price? is the case worth so much?

I was watching that auction cause I was only interested in the case. I thought it was a case for a 1930s aristocrat OC TTO razor and someone miss boxed it. Granted I was only going to pay $30 tops as the razor to me is a $15 razor. I was stunned it went for so much. Anyone know why??

if you look athe questions part there is a question: "Is there patent numbers or dates around the bottom of the razor. Or maybe numbers and dates on the box. If you could let me know that would be great. I'm was just wondering if this is a new set or an old one. Which it really does'nt matter as long as its a good set. It reminds me of my grandfathers. And that means alot. So when you find out all the information. Please write me back with it."
wonder if this person bought it for sentimental reasons?

Last edited:
if you look athe questions part there is a question: "Is there patent numbers or dates around the bottom of the razor. Or maybe numbers and dates on the box. If you could let me know that would be great. I'm was just wondering if this is a new set or an old one. Which it really does'nt matter as long as its a good set. It reminds me of my grandfathers. And that means alot. So when you find out all the information. Please write me back with it."
wonder if this person bought it for sentimental reason?

Good possibility. And about the only reason I could imagine anyone paying that.

Most of the NEWs have a bunch of patent numbers on the bottom of the head.
It is a mint? NEW in an Aristocrat case.
I buy users all the time and never pay over $15.

I think that someone is going to be disappointed if or when they find out it isn't a mint Aristocrat. The cases are quite rare though. They were for the gold 1930's open comb Aristocrat so it's probably worth $50 to someone that has a razor but no case. The razor itself is probably $30ish so even allowing for a bit of auction silly bidding, $90 should have been the most you'd pay.

Top Bottom