What's new

Why so slow?

Everything is very slow. Forum and wiki. Getting 520 errors constantly on forum including trying to navigate to this thread. Multiple second responses for anything. Pics loading very slow.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 9.40.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 9.40.10 PM.png
    323.6 KB · Views: 10
Yes, plenty of loading errors lately.
Also I posted a YouTube video " Haircut Harry" route 66 Arizona.

For a time , screenshot attached, my post had the next member's posts video.

First attachment has correct video .

Weird.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-11-09-03-14-09-736_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-11-09-03-14-09-736_com.android.chrome.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_2021-11-09-03-04-08-603_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-11-09-03-04-08-603_com.android.chrome.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 8
it is irritating the slow speeds, kinda doin my head in
Can you let me know - What aspect is slow? Is it the actual loading of the pages (IE you click a link and it takes a long time for your browser to actually go to the page) or is it something like the page loading quickly but the images taking forever to load?

Reactions: saj

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Can you let me know - What aspect is slow? Is it the actual loading of the pages (IE you click a link and it takes a long time for your browser to actually go to the page) or is it something like the page loading quickly but the images taking forever to load?
For me, it is the first scenario you described. I am using a smart? lol, phone. Android based. It just happened. First time today, maybe 3x yesterday.

Yea just loading slow

Once it's up it's fine just reloading a page or clicking on a new page like thread etc takes a while, never had this issue before started happening since when @Cal initially mentioned it

I’m not sure if this is of any value but hopefully it is for your troubleshooting. I primarily view B&B on my iPad. Today I received my new iPad Air 4 and the performance is very noticeably better than with the 5 year old iPad. All other variables are the same other than time of day.

Privacy badger finds 3-5 trackers when logged in. Not logged in there were 21 (!). This is significantly higher than any other site that I have noticed, by about 15. Wondering if all of these are intentional and if the site is carrying a bunch of stuff intentionally or unintentionally that are bogging things down.

Privacy Badger blocked 21 potential trackers on www.badgerandblade.com:

prebid.a-mo.net
acdn.adnxs.com
ib.adnxs.com
htlb.casalemedia.com
ssum-sec.casalemedia.com
bidder.criteo.com
gum.criteo.com
securepubads.g.doubleclick.net
www.google-analytics.com
id5-sync.com
prebid.media.net
hb-api.omnitagjs.com
onetag-sys.com
hbopenbid.pubmatic.com
secure.quantserve.com
btlr.sharethrough.com
s.skimresources.com
csync.smilewanted.com
prebid.smilewanted.com
c2shb.ssp.yahoo.com
ads.yieldmo.com

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Privacy badger finds 3-5 trackers when logged in. Not logged in there were 21 (!). This is significantly higher than any other site that I have noticed, by about 15. Wondering if all of these are intentional and if the site is carrying a bunch of stuff intentionally or unintentionally that are bogging things down.

Privacy Badger blocked 21 potential trackers on www.badgerandblade.com:

prebid.a-mo.net
acdn.adnxs.com
ib.adnxs.com
htlb.casalemedia.com
ssum-sec.casalemedia.com
bidder.criteo.com
gum.criteo.com
securepubads.g.doubleclick.net
www.google-analytics.com
id5-sync.com
prebid.media.net
hb-api.omnitagjs.com
onetag-sys.com
hbopenbid.pubmatic.com
secure.quantserve.com
btlr.sharethrough.com
s.skimresources.com
csync.smilewanted.com
prebid.smilewanted.com
c2shb.ssp.yahoo.com
ads.yieldmo.com
Thanks, I'll pass this to the smart IT guys!

The site keeps freezing up when I try to access a message or a new thread. I have to delete the whole webpage and reinstall it again.

Top Bottom