What's new

why so many brushes and brush rotation?

I grow up with one brush,one brand of cream,one DE,one brand of blade,one brand of after shave
For years again and again the same products
I can say that this combination hurt my skin or leave me unshaved but now with may dozens of brushes-creams-soaps-DE's-blades-after shaves i am much happier
I am not a fashion-victim to buy everything shows up in the market but i haven't regret that i start my shaving jurney
I learned much more things that i expected,i can share knowledge with others,i have more quality shavings
That's progress,that's Human nature.

Well said!!!

Justin

Sorry if this sounds ignorant, I'm pretty new to straight razor shaving. im just curious why people have like 10+ brushes and rotate them everyday and such. I can see if you are a collector and brushes are your thing then that's one thing but theres a lot of people with a whole variety of brushes. I have a badger hair brush and it works great. I can't see a reason I'd go start buying a bunch more and use a different one every time I shave. As my first brush just getting into it I bought a cheap like 30$ brush so I can see in a while upgrading to something of higher value and quality, but I probably wont use more than one brush.

To be honest, I have three brushes and I only really use one of them. One was given to me and feels too "scratchy". The other two are restores that I did and I prefer the TGN fan to the bulb for some reason. Brushes are like razors, soaps, blades and A/S's to some here. They are indicative of an AD of some sort.

We all suffer from something unless like me, you are seeking help through the 2014 sabbatical! :thumbup1:

Frank

I only got several shaving brushes and mostly I'm using mine two year old Edwin Jagger Best Black Badger, which is a pure badger. And I'm really satisfied with mine Edwin Jagger Best Black Badger, but I also like to try a new shaving brush after all these years.

And right now next to mine Edwin Jagger Best Black Badger I use an inexpensive Balea Men Pure badger shaving brush and it works really great, but only is not as dense as mine Edwin Jagger, but surprisingly it doesn't effect the performance as it works almost as good as mine Edwin Jagger.

So right now there is an inexpensive Chinese Finest Badger shaving brush on mine way from a relative new seller Virginasheng, but she received some good feedback here on B&B so I took the risk and ordered one and hopefull it will turn out to be a nice upgrade for mine Edwin Jagger.

But I think many here are just having SBAD
( Shaving Brush Acquisition Disease
) where they just buy to many shaving brushes.

To let them dry out completely between uses is my excuse to have several, lol. In reality it is just nice to have a variety. It won't take long to figure out which are the favorites and they will end up being frequent in the rotation. However, things change and sometimes one that hasn't been used in a while makes me wonder why and the rotation changes.

Top Bottom