What's new

Why so few spearmint scent in shaving?

Just a quick, simple question.......

I had a tube of Pacific Shave's Caffeinated Aftershave, which I really enjoyed. The scent was a nice, fresh spearmint. I loved that scent!
Got me to thinking......there is quite a bit of peppermint out there, or scents that have peppermint as one of the notes, but there is precious little spearmint in the shaving world, unless I am missing some real gems.

Aside from the Pacific Shave aftershave, are there any good spearmint scents in shaving? If so, please tell me what they are and where to find them. If not, why do you suppose that is?

I like peppermint quite a bit, but I have always slightly preferred spearmint. Maybe it is because the neighbor across the street from my house used to grow fresh spearmint in a small garden in her front yard. I remember picking the leaves and tearing them and then smelling that heavenly scent. I guess true spearmint scents appeal to me because they take me back to my childhood.

<Note: Obviously I meant to say spearmint scentS, not spearmint scent, in the title. Don't know how to fix it, though. Kinda mortified to have a blatant grammatical error in the title of my post.>

I had to double check and sure enough Ethos Green Fresh is spearmint! I am so glad you mentioned this as I am so used to everybody wanting candy cane smelling holiday soaps that I forgot how much I love spearmint for the same reason as you. That is going to be my early spring purchase!

Sudsy Soapery has/had a balm called Twice Mint, which I think they said was a combo of peppermint and spearmint, but I’ve always found it to be more spearmint (not sure if they do/did a soap too).

Soapy Science has a Mint Mint soap too, which I think has a good amount of spearmint to it.

But otherwise yeah I don’t think there’s too many products that have that as the primary scent. I’m not a huge fan of peppermint.

Sudsy Soapery has/had a balm called Twice Mint, which I think they said was a combo of peppermint and spearmint, but I’ve always found it to be more spearmint (not sure if they do/did a soap too).

Soapy Science has a Mint Mint soap too, which I think has a good amount of spearmint to it.

But otherwise yeah I don’t think there’s too many products that have that as the primary scent. I’m not a huge fan of peppermint.
i got some glycerine non scented soap and added spearmint oil to it ,its realy good.sorry i forgot to mention i melted it in the microwave first and stirred the oil in.

A bit of home brewing with the only scent being from Spearmint Pure Essential Oil:

SOTD-L-R_2021-07-22.jpg

Didn't Stirling do a run of spearmint last summer? Maybe they will do it again. I didn't get it because it was a glacial i think.

Ethos Greenfresh is spearmint forward to me. I have been using the Greenfresh bath soap and body wash for the last week, and the quality is second to none. I highly recommend this scent. Their shaving soaps, aftershaves and fragrances may be the highest quality on the market today and well worth the price. Greenfresh is highly recommended if you like spearmint.

I received an e-mail from paypal for $5 off any purchase at the wet shaving club. I decided to grab the mint eucalyptus soap. Maybe it's spearmint forward. I can't find anything about it, but for $8 out the door I'll give it a go.

I just received my puck of mint eucalyptus. While walking back from the mailbox I could smell the spearmint through the packaging. It's definitely spearmint forward. It's a transparent puck and I have no idea who the maker is---"An artisan Soapmaker in New York’s Hudson Valley"

Ingredients: Coconut Oil, *Palm Oil, Safflower Oil, Olive Oil (Grade A extra virgin), Castor Oil, Glycerin (kosher, of vegetable origin), Hemp Seed Oil (unrefined), Purified Water, Sodium Hydroxide (saponifying agent), Sorbitol (moisturizer), Bentonite clay (humectant), Sorbitan oleate (emulsifier), Soybean protein (conditioner), Wheat Protein (conditioner), Essential Oils

I knew it was Taconic right away, but double checked and it is. 12.49 is a good price
Thanks for the info. It looks like you're right. It also appears that it's a better buy at the razor company since there it comes in a tin and this is just the puck. I'm definitely not complaining though since I got $5 off through Paypal's targeted e-mail. The wife might actually use this one. It smells great, and that's coming from someone who is not fond of eucalyptus.

I guess I'll go steal a pyrex container from the kitchen.

Didn't Stirling do a run of spearmint last summer? Maybe they will do it again. I didn't get it because it was a glacial i think.
Stirling does have a Spearmint soap, but you're correct on both counts: It's both a Glacial and a seasonal release.
Spearmint.jpg

Top Bottom