What's new

Why Shave Straight

First of all, outstanding post! Second, congratulations on the birth of your child. You have a few years left to start saving for that heirloom razor to hand me down. You know if I was pretty sure that I was gonna end up getting a straight razor before reading this post, its become an absolute necessity now. The only question on my mind now, is when and where I'll be getting the cash.:a1:

I've never had the pleaure to read anything that captures the zen of straight razor shaving so concisely and eloquently. Well done, sir!

First and foremost, that is an excellent read and very well written.
If you've considered it before, I urge you to write and become published. If you haven't considered it, I urge you to consider it.
Your writing was thoughtful and articulate.

Your writing parallels a lot of things I've been considering and pondering right now. I'm studying engineering and how to apply theory and think things through a million different ways and estimate everything.... and realizing that those things are all intangible and places I will not BE. Estimating is never going to be Doing.

And, though it's off the topic, to you, Sir:

Great post! I was bored and stumbled upon this thread. Now I am even more keen to try a cut-throat, but I've promised my wife I'll wait 'til our kids are older...:001_huh:

There is no time like the present. Life is happening now, and waiting is wasting. You will never be as young as you are now, and you will never again be who and where you are now.

Or, go ahead and wait if you feel like it. But it should be up to you. We all joke, but it's not that dangerous - despite the intimidating nature of the blade.

Many Happy shaves
William

Thanks for the kind words, William. (For what it's worth, I'm already a published author (http://www.HeTypedSheTyped.com) -- and regularly work as a script consultant, etc.) But this represented my first attempt to pin down on (virtual) paper my love for straight razor shaving.

All best,
Mark

Great prose—great post!

[OT]
Good post! But am I the only who thinks Ulysses was just good intoxicated comedy?

I think Joyce himself would agree. :smile: He wasn't a scholar; he was a man who was exceptionally talented with languages (how many could he read and speak?) whose reading was wide and deep, and loved jokes, right down to the pun. I think Ulysses is one of those works whose reputation for greatness has stood in the way of more people simply enjoying it.
[/OT]

I don't have children of my own, but the sig.other has a grown son from her ex-husband. I gave him a DE kit as a present recently, and if he takes to wetshaving, I want to give him a straight and a Tony Miller strop. I don't have the temperament to have kids, but I have fatherly urges I want to fulfill. I hope sharing shaving with him can be part of that.

Top Bottom