What's new

Why just why

I'm guessing you are face lathering. Try the synth with a bowl and see what happens.
No I lather in a bowl prior to applying I’m not a fan of the face lather I believe it’s duo to the bristle stiffness and the badger is no where near as stiff

There are many comments in the forum about synthetics needing a different technique to build lather compared to natural hair brushes.

For example, my Yaqi 26mm Tuxedo (which has a ridiculous amount of backbone) held too much water and my lathers either broke up or came out soupy when I tried to lather like I did with my badgers and boars. I found that I had to squeeze out most of the water and start lathering with a brush that felt almost dry. Then, after loading product, I'd swirl the brush a few times, add a dribble of water, swirl a few times, add a dribble of water... alternating those steps until the lather was practically exploding out of the brush like a geyser.

It did feel strange at first because it was different from my usual lather-making method. But, it eventually became second nature and now I prefer that Yaqi over any of my natural hair brushes.

Top Bottom