What's new

Why is nothing being shipped to Post Office?

It seems like all the face mask and gloves are stuck in the shipping system for some reason. I ordered some Nitrile gloves on April 2 and it's been sitting somewhere in the USA while the Post Office is waiting for it. Why?
I ordered some cloth masks on April 5 and they are sitting in CA and I don't know why. And yet another order of cloth face masks I placed on April 16 and I'm still waiting. What is going on??? Does anyone have an idea?

It seems like all the face mask and gloves are stuck in the shipping system for some reason. I ordered some Nitrile gloves on April 2 and it's been sitting somewhere in the USA while the Post Office is waiting for it. Why?
I ordered some cloth masks on April 5 and they are sitting in CA and I don't know why. And yet another order of cloth face masks I placed on April 16 and I'm still waiting. What is going on??? Does anyone have an idea?
Many states have businesses closed and they may be taking orders, but cannot ship. CA is one of those states.

Edit: Many of these US suppliers of masks and hand sanitizer are also awaiting inventory from China. China has so much back ordered hand sanitizer and masks that they cannot get it out of the country fast enough and then it sits on a boat for 30 days before it gets to the Port of Long Beach. China was closed for Chinese New Year for two weeks in early February, then an additional 3 weeks for COVID and were already backed up on goods to be shipped around the world. It is a logistical nightmare across the globe right now.

Last edited:
I check my orders with the vendors and they say it's waiting to be shipped to the Post Office. They don't say why it's just waiting. The first 2 items I ordered I know are in the states. One is in Ontario, CA.

I had an order of razor blades shipped from Germany over a month ago which still haven't arrived, yet my Plague Doctor soap and aftershave from Canada had no problem. My wife had her "allergy masks" arrive sooner than expected. I'm rotating my 50+ yo stars and bars and camo bandanas when I leave the house every 2 weeks. I kept them as a joke and never thought they'd see the light of day.

Depending on who you ordered it from they may be waiting for orders form China or they are prioritizing the products to first-responders. I have been trying to buy N95's for three weeks and getting lots of promises but no product. I did receive 2,000 procedure masks today, but have not been able to get isolation gowns. I am part of a regional group trying to source PPE for EMS and healthcare and we are finding very little product available and lots of unreliable sellers. Be careful purchasing.

The post office is working more quickly than normal for me, both sending and receiving. I’m just an individual, but I’m getting both personal and commercial packages via USPS.

Companies who do volume shipping business often send a daily manifest to the USPS showing what will be shipping. This info gets entered into the USPS database, and will often show as waiting for delivery to the Post Office. If the business is closed, the packages will be shown as waiting, until the Post Office actually receives them.

I don't know about the States, but up here I think they worry more about health care fields and retirement community workers, etc., first. My truck at work sticks its forks in at least 15 or more skids each of masks and hand sanitizer every day of the week, and that's just me on my shift, but there's still none to be found in stores and cant buy it online. Even though I'm in that 'field', we own Rexall so that covers a very wide spread, I cant buy any of this stuff any easier than anyone else. That said, in very small quantities they do give us all some gloves, sanitizer and masks if we want them, but they're warehouse use only.

I do know that I mailed a shave brush to one of our B&B members living in Calif. which was suppose to get to him on Monday according to the Post Office. Well here we are on Wed. and he still does not have it. I think Calif. may have a problem. I have other packages coming to me that are stuck in Calif.

Count yourselves lucky over there in the US. Our royal mail has gone so far down hill since being privatised they now say they wont deliver any post on a Saturday only parcels. And that's after the C19 lockdown.

USPS has been slow lately, but it sounds like your products haven't actually be accepted by USPS yet. Most likely this is because all the items you mentioned here are in huge demand so the companies are way behind on fulfilling orders for those in-demand products. Just a guess.

Two of my items did come from China but I know they have reached the US soil. It is true they have not been received by the P.O. yet. But the box I mailed to CA should have reached it destination on Monday. Still has not.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I haven't had any issues with usps
I gave our letter carrier a $25 gift card last week.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I gave our letter carrier a $25 gift card last week.

Nice gesture, I should do that as well, my rural delivery driver lately has so much volume on the route he has to go back to the post office (miles away) and do a second run during the day. No problems here.

Fed Ex and UPS are also making multiple runs through the countryside, the times are changing.

Two of my items did come from China but I know they have reached the US soil. It is true they have not been received by the P.O. yet. But the box I mailed to CA should have reached it destination on Monday. Still has not.

Gotcha. Yea we're experiencing pretty big delays right now, especially on international orders. Things are just getting stuck in customs for weeks on end. I've heard this is true of imports, too.

It does seem like the shipping supply chain is getting affected by the virus. I bought something from Amazon that apparently is sitting in their warehouse in Washington state but will not arrive until a month later (huh?). A UPS order last week was held up for 2 days in Nashville due to a "Covid-19 event" . I have looked for a couple of cheap niche things on ebay, the type of item that could be shipped from USA or China; and all the USA suppliers were out of stock.

I've ordered a lot of stuff lately and haven't really had any problems. Amazon will tell you if something is being re-prioritized but other than that I've gotten things promptly. I've also sold a few things on Ebay and shipped via USPS and that's gone smoothly as well.

By way of comparison with USPS, I ordered tea from a company in Yunnan Province, China on March 15.
According to the vendor, the tea, shipped by China Post, is still sitting at the airport in Shanghai. Thankfully, it's a Puerh tea, which, like fine wine, gets better with age. Hopefully, I'll get it before the end of the year.

Top Bottom