What's new

Why is B&B like it is?

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
An addendum: I've come to take the moderators for granted here. Self-policing as B&B may be, sometimes it takes the invisible hand of a moderator to keep things from getting out of hand.

Thank you all for what some would describe as a thankless task. Your invisible presence shows.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I suspect there are multiple reasons. Certainly wet shavers are a cut above, gentlemen one and all. I don't know if it's the feel of the lather on the face, the feeling of accomplishment at a task well done or natural selection, but we are clearly and without doubt the finest humans on the planet.

The moderators do a great job. Beyond that, if you're rude here you're going to hear about it from more than one member. It's the culture of the forums. When you come to a place where everyone is nice you think twice about being otherwise. We need to think about how to spread this "be nice" culture to the greater population.

Speaking for myself, I have learned so very much from the generous members here (and continue to learn). When a new member asks a question about razor burn (or whatever) that comes up twice a month here I remember that I was that guy who needed answers and was offered advice warmly. And there is a joy in having the ability to be on the other side of that equation, being able to help another member of the planet on their journey.

It's just a great place.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I think that B&B presents itself as an oasis in the toxic wasteland, where we all expect decent behavior from each other.
That expectation of civil behavior is recognized.
Some people seek B&B out because of it, some people stumble upon B&B and stay here because of it.
The folks that for whatever reason can't abide by that standard of conduct that we all respect are weeded out rather quickly so that they don't contaminate this oasis.

This is exactly what happened to me many years ago. I had been invited to participate to wet shaving forums in Spain, Portugal, Germany and, of course, here in Italy too. I always thanked, but declined with a polite "no, thanks". Badger & Blade is my home and will always be.

The truth is - strong moderation. That is the non secret sauce that keeps the doors on the hinges.

Amen.
It's a nasty, endless, thankless job that those blue badge guys do, but without it - we'd be just another run of the mill flame spot for ne'er do wells.

Yes. Strong, remarkably consistent moderation that leads by example, along with many other members, to set the tone and culture.

B&B seemed to always come up in my searches for many queries and when I joined it a month after visiting the forum, the doors to a wonderful community opened up for me.

I progressed at exponential rates and the improvements in my understanding of products, techniques and helpful tips and advice by fellow members.

The highlight of my time here is the family like treatment from several members, it was a new experience for me.

I got to know several people who I consider part of my family, even though we live thousands of miles away and haven't met personally.

I've met with kindness and support so much that I felt like I'm meeting proper humans for the first time.

B&B is like this because Birds of same feather flock together.
Be it the Neverending monitoring by the Moderators or the strong will of the members to be their best in helping others, this forum attracts good people.

Being rude or dismissive is not confused with being 'Woke' or high-minded - that helps a lot.

Collective Gentlemen behavior and helping nature are big reasons why this forum is such a pleasure to be here.

Top Bottom