What's new

Why I wet shave

Great story... I fell into the same "trap" and started down the straight razor and DE path to save money. Recently, I thought it would be fun to add up what i've spent on shaving products -- but quickly gave up in fear that my wife would find it.
I now tell people that in theory, you could save money... in theory.

As the summer opens up my story goes on. A friend of mine graduated recently from technical school and as a gift I decided to outfit him with wet shaving gear...everything he needs to get going...part of what I gave him was used...part new. Part of the used was a perfectly broken in Semogue 1305...a heavenly brush which dispels anything negative heard about boar brushes. He also received my Parker 99R, which i had only used once. I thought he would be intrigued by the butterfly doors. Also a Vermont Country Store white apothecary mug which I had used for years I passed onto him. Lastly for the used items was an antique victorian scuttle...useless but pretty. The new part was a passel of Gillette silver blues, some somerset pre-shave oil, Gentleman Jon's alum block, a feather razor blade spent blade container. To round things out were a tub of Proraso Green and TOBS Jermyn Street cream. These things may just sit around in his bathroom but I hope he catches the fever. The one thing I didn't include was an aftershave. That part I think is very personal. So Robbie has a start....

Top Bottom