What's new

Why I started traditional wetshaving.

That's as good a reason as any I've heard. One of my grandfathers passed away before I was born but my other grandfather was one of my most important role models. Although he was born out of the country and didn't have a great deal of education, he was wise and intelligent. Despite working in a steel mill, he managed to run the county Philatelic Society and the prudent investments that he made though his stamp collecting assured that my grandmother was well taken care of after his death. He also had a great disposition and very little upset or rattle him. When I finished school and, along with my wife, was deciding where to start my career, family ties led me back to my hometown. Although there were certainly more exciting and lucrative places to start my practice, I really wanted my children to get to know their grandparents. This morning, like every Sunday after church, my parents and in-laws came over for coffee and donuts. I don't think my kids appreciate how fortunate they are. But I'm sure that one day, they will look back and see how lucky they have been.

Wait. Is that mirror mounted on a water heater? Frikken awesome!

Watch out for those alligators. :D

No, it is a light socket. There used to be a white plastic cover to go over the hole. It still works.

Thanks for the replies guys! My Papa means a lot to me even though I only have a very few memories of them. And by this point I don't even know if they are real memories or just that I have heard the stories so many times that I think I remember them. At any rate, I know it happened and I appreciate it.

The only other memory I have of him is we would play "garbage truck." He would scoot up in his wheelchair until there was a gap between his back and the back of the wheelchair. I would stand on the frame the back wheels were attached to and hold onto the handles like I was a garbage pickup guy. Then he would roll me around and stop when we came to a toy. I would get off, put the toy in the area behind his back, hop back on and roll to the next toy. He didn't let the fact that he was in a wheelchair stop him from enjoying his grandkids.

Nice story, and really cool stuff you have saved. Thats got your papa all over it! Thats gonna be real neat to clean up and use!!! What a way to start your days!

Top Bottom