What's new

why I joined the April Restraint and SWMBO hates B&B

the line I could be spending all this on guns no longer works. I started traditional shaving with a DE at the end of November 2014 (4 months) and this is my shave den software.

$20150311_163915.jpg
Soaps and creams

$20150311_163931.jpg
After shave lotions and balms
$20150311_163941.jpg
Blades
$20150311_164010.jpg
Brushes
$20150311_163909.jpg
soap and cream samples. (keep an eye out for a pending PIF)

not pictured are my four DE razors Muhel R41, R89 Grande, Parker 24C, Gillette Ball end tech

also not pictured because it shed so bad I tossed it my VDH brush.

thanks everyone. my birthday is in April and and when SWMBO asked what I wanted I said shave soap.:blink:
think I might change that to a Badger brush or a synthetic brush.

You're off to a good start. Many of us have a flurry of buying in first 4-6 months, then the AD's tend to subside. Generally because of a lack of funds or a lack of understanding from SWMBO, or some combination.

You're off to a good start. Many of us have a flurry of buying in first 4-6 months, then the AD's tend to subside. Generally because of a lack of funds or a lack of understanding from SWMBO, or some combination.
I believe this because my list of wants is shrinking drastically.

You should send me the XXX & Latha; that will appease your wife.

I guess I'm lucky that my wife doesn't mind the soap buying, although I spread my 15 soap purchases over about a year ;)

I don't see
1) A Gillette adjustable, Gillette New, or slant
2) Any fountain pens/inks/paper
3) Speick cream or aftershave balm

Might I suggest periodic gifts for your LOTH, or offering to shave her legs (complete with essential oils and a calf massage)? Cooking dinner wouldn't be amiss, either.

My AD's subsided because after a while, you realize that you cannot truly try every product out there. You cannot chase that "perfect product combination" forever. You find some products that you like very much, and realize that what you have is good enough. Not that I am settling for sub-par products, I have tried my assortment of stuff, I truly enjoy some of the stuff I have found so far, and why spoil it with a fools game of never finding "good enough"?

And by "good enough", I mean "this stuff is great, and I am very happy with it".

My AD's subsided because after a while, you realize that you cannot truly try every product out there. You cannot chase that "perfect product combination" forever. You find some products that you like very much, and realize that what you have is good enough. Not that I am settling for sub-par products, I have tried my assortment of stuff, I truly enjoy some of the stuff I have found so far, and why spoil it with a fools game of never finding "good enough"?

And by "good enough", I mean "this stuff is great, and I am very happy with it".

+1 Well written. :thumbup:

Top Bottom