What's new

Why I hate PLASTIC " bottles "....

Had to move 5 years ago...Put a brand new plastic bottle of U.S. made M&L Florida Water in a box, where it was stored indoors...Pulled it out today , the plastic has degraded so bad ( with no sunlight exposure ! ) that in addition to the clear plastic turning dull , yellow and cloudy , the liquid has been rendered useless...So bad I can't even use it in bath water.....I don't have a source for the M&L
DSCN3915.JPG
DSCN3917.JPG
DSCN3920.JPG
Florida Water made in PERU , last time I looked they still used real glass...TWO GIRLS Florida Water from Hong Kong I'm sure is still packed in glass , but as nice as it is, it's just different than the M&L Florida Water from Peru or the U.S.....

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Yikes! If it does that to plastic imagine what it does to your skin after years of constant use :001_unsur

Try Walgreens, but look in the Hispanic section. They don't keep it with the shaving stuff. Or just get it from Walgreens online.
Dan

Many colognes, fragrances, perfumes - etc, will change color with time even if they are in glass. I had a bottle of Nuit de Noel from the 20s and the perfume itself was scary dark. I've had Aramis from the 70s that was ridiculously orangy/amber. Florida water is cheap, I wouldn't sweat it, just dump it and order more from Amazon or even Ebay.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I don't blame you for hating plastic bottles. They do have a use but not for aftershaves and colognes IMHO.

I don't blame you for hating plastic bottles. They do have a use but not for aftershaves and colognes IMHO.
I do like plastic bottles do to the fact that they don't break when accidently knocked off a small bathroom vanity countertop.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

Try Walgreens, but look in the Hispanic section. They don't keep it with the shaving stuff. Or just get it from Walgreens online.
Dan
these are also plastic , I don't believe M&L New York makes anything in glass now , only Peru , and from my searches on the "bay" , there are fake bottles being sold on a regular basis...I would'nt mind decanting a few new plastic bottles into a vintage glass quart bottle , but they run about $45...
fw.jpg
fw2.jpg
fw3.jpg
fw4.jpg
fw6.jpg

This version is still available in a 7.5oz glass bottle:

proxy.php

I bought a bottle of it locally from a New Age/Spiritual Store. It is commonly used in certain faiths and rituals. If you have a shop like that, see if they have it or can order it. Or look online at those type of suppliers. Here's one I found:
MURRAY & LANMAN ( L&K ) FLORIDA WATER 7.5 OZ IN A GLASS BOTTLE
thanks Vez2..... I'm in for 2 bottles @ $16 including shipping,

The 2 bottles of the current production are nothing like the originals I used in the 60's - 70's...Real weak, watery stuff with no high proof punch...what a shame...

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The 2 bottles of the current production are nothing like the originals I used in the 60's - 70's...Real weak, watery stuff with no high proof punch...what a shame...
Sad. What's the point if it doesn't slap your face?

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.

It troubles me to hear that. This was on my list to try.

Top Bottom