What's new

Why i hate and love you

Hello,

So i was in the drugstore the other day and i came across some dirt cheap Wilkinson DE setup and since i always had an interest in it i bought it. I just googled how to use it so i would not cut myself and ended up here.
Now its been 4 weeks and i have around 100 sites, discussions/ tutorials etc. bookmarked, i am active on the bay, have tons of samples and gear to go through, working on refurbishing a fatboy, considering a Kamisori and lurking at the honing/ stropping corner.

This was to be cheap and easy, not a new whole new hobby, i have enough hobbies, so yeah i hate you guys, this is insane.

But i love you, you opened this whole new world to me, with all these smells, gadgets and sensations i never had. I really never had a father figure, damn, my first shave was against the grain just with water since no one was there to show me, its special to me to make shaving a thing now, i wanna pass it down.

I spend to much, time and money, but i am happy in this ****ty times.

So thank you guys and damn i hate you!

Greetings from Germany

Last edited:
As we say here in Shaving Land: Welcome to the Rabbit Hole. :)

How deep you go is up to you! :D

My journey started with my brother in law giving me a Art of Shaving starter pack of sandalwood cream and badger brush... spun that into about 8 DEs, and countless of blades to try, and then moving into straight razors (I bought at least fifty + blades!) about 6 years ago, and sharpening stones, followed by a recent obsession into kamisori and JNats over the past couple of months.

Fasten your seat belt... it's gonna be a bumpy ride! :D

Are you in Munchen, per chance? Great little pomade store there just a block south of Viktualienmarkt on Blumenstrasse. They sell some shave stuff as well. Frederik, who runs the place, is a very nice gent, and speaks Englisch quite well (which is good since I speak very little Deutsch!)

Haha, it is a rabbit hole!

No, i am in Brunswick, just came from living in Florence and before in Denmark.
But half my family is Bavarian so i might get the chance to check it out .

This is my experience to a "T." My mother was moving out of the family home into a condominium after dad passed. We found the DE razors I first shaved with as a teen, a Super adjustable in gold and a ball-end Tech. I decided to shave with those again, found B&B and now I've got well over 100 razors, about 60 soaps and 40 aftershaves. Good luck to you!

Hello,

So i was in the drugstore the other day and i came across some dirt cheap Wilkinson DE setup and since i always had an interest in it i bought it. I just googled how to use it so i would not cut myself and ended up here.
Now its been 4 weeks and i have around 100 sites, discussions/ tutorials etc. bookmarked, i am active on the bay, have tons of samples and gear to go through, working on refurbishing a fatboy, considering a Kamisori and lurking at the honing/ stropping corner.

This was to be cheap and easy, not a new whole new hobby, i have enough hobbies, so yeah i hate you guys, this is insane.

But i love you, you opened this whole new world to me, with all these smells, gadgets and sensations i never had. I really never had a father figure, damn, my first shave was against the grain just with water since no one was there to show me, its special to me to make shaving a thing now, i wanna pass it down.

I spend to much, time and money, but i am happy in this ****ty times.

So thank you guys and damn i hate you!

Greetings from Germany

...don't you even think about learning tea...

(jus'say'n)

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
I love you too. Now take a DEEP breath and enjoy what you have for the moment. Figure it out and get used to it. The rabbit holes can wait for a minute. Dial in that refurbished Fat Boy, settle down for a couple weeks, build your technique, see what works. You will have plenty of time to rack up some acquisition disorders. But get your ducks in a wtg pass before you start following up on them. Then again... YMMV and go willy nilly. Welcome!

Welcome to the Madness!

We demand pics of your purchases - a problem shared is a problem halved (insert maniacal laughter here...).

I love you too. Now take a DEEP breath and enjoy what you have for the moment. Figure it out and get used to it. The rabbit holes can wait for a minute. Dial in that refurbished Fat Boy, settle down for a couple weeks, build your technique, see what works. You will have plenty of time to rack up some acquisition disorders. But get your ducks in a wtg pass before you start following up on them. Then again... YMMV and go willy nilly. Welcome!
^This! Welcome, Arano!

Welcome aboard!

’Traditional wet shaving’ is a great hobby! Compared to avocations like knives, fly fishing or sports cars, it is inexpensive. You get to use your kit on a daily basis. Plus, you don’t need another garage!! :a29:

Yeah, B&B is great for learning and comraderie but lousy for wallets. Welcome to the rabbit hole! Wait until you discover acquisition disorders, or ADs! Oh also, scuttles are great for cold weather! :):):)

Two words:

Self Discipline.
Is that some weird foreign thing?

Top Bottom