What's new

Why have I not been using a Fatboy? Where have you been all my life.

Why have I not been using a Fatboy? Where have you been all my life?
A couple of weeks ago I discovered my grandfather's old fat boy F1 and send it out for cleaning and tuneup. I just got it back today and had first shave with it and was stunned. Why in the world do other razors not shave like this one? This was the smoothest easiest shave I've ever had. I used OTBS Mr. Taylor and a Persona Blade. Stunning shave.
IMG_20220429_132157.jpg

I agree! I have two razors that for me are the best razors ever: the Model 195 “Fatboy“ and the “Toggle”. They are similar but different, and it is fun every morning to pick from the two. The 195 Fatboy was the successor to the Toggle so was developed with what Gillette learned from the Toggle. These are design, engineering, and manufacturing marvels.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Fatboys and Slims are some of my favourite razors. I love the weight of them. Plus yours is an heirloom which makes it that little bit more special.

I'm actually not much into adjustables, but I take my Fatboy (F2) for a spin on occasion. I know it's a bit silly, but I hate to muck it up, because one of these days it's going to a grandson.
It has never ceased to amaze me how they could sell such a fine instrument for only $1.95, even back in 1959. 🤔
Thats how I feel about mine! It shaves great but i feel bad getting it dirty. It gives me joy just seeing it shine in my razor holder.

Yeah id like to find one. As of late they seem to be going for quite the pretty penny. If I could find one with even gaps for a decent price id be happy :)

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Why have I not been using a Fatboy? Where have you been all my life?
A couple of weeks ago I discovered my grandfather's old fat boy F1 and send it out for cleaning and tuneup. I just got it back today and had first shave with it and was stunned. Why in the world do other razors not shave like this one? This was the smoothest easiest shave I've ever had. I used OTBS Mr. Taylor and a Persona Blade. Stunning shave.View attachment 1447762

Lovely razor heirloom too, and its in awesome shape, thats a winner winner chicken dinner!

Top Bottom