What's new

Why Gillette insist 5 blades matter. Absolute conjecture.

the average joe doesn't care about a single blade or the time it takes to perfect the craft of using a single blade, Gillette makes the single blade to stay true to it's roots, they aren't in the business of educating their customers. Besides they still offer the single blade stuff which is great, and they make some of the best blades available, so lets enjoy what Gillette gives us in the single blade stuff, and let the 5 blade wonder carts go to pasture, as far as I'm concerned there's no point in even talking about them.

the average joe doesn't care about a single blade or the time it takes to perfect the craft of using a single blade, Gillette makes the single blade to stay true to it's roots, they aren't in the business of educating their customers. Besides they still offer the single blade stuff which is great, and they make some of the best blades available, so lets enjoy what Gillette gives us in the single blade stuff, and let the 5 blade wonder carts go to pasture, as far as I'm concerned there's no point in even talking about them.
Yeah, the seven bladed carts are a lot better...

After all these years of so called improving the Razor, Gillette doesn't realize that one blade is all that is needed. When will the improvements end? Now there is a new improvement it's a heated cart plug in razor for $170.
I've been using a heated razor for years. Step 1: fill sink with hot tap water, Step 2: drop in 1 blade razor, Lather up, Step 3: retrieve razor, start shave, reheat razor by shaking lather off razor in the hot water.
I miss the days when Gillette Gem Schick made all those wonderful Techs, Slims, Micromatics, Injectors and so many real metal razors.

You absolutely can get a great shave from a cart.
20200727_125314.jpg

They are just not made anymore..:c17:

After all these years of so called improving the Razor, Gillette doesn't realize that one blade is all that is needed. When will the improvements end?
Improvement is a bit misleading... Improvement are still coming but they're focusing on the improverment of the markup, not on the shaving tools. If you consider the growth of the markup from the simple DE blade to the coated one, from the coated one to the 2 blade carts, from the 2 blade cart to the 3-4-5-n blade cart, you clearly can see the huge improvement on the markup while brand recognition has kept at high levels. Customers are tamed to seek out the new, the improved, the better, the more convenient, and the company does not fail to deliver.
P&G share price went up 73% in the last 5 years, if that's not improvement I don't know what is. :) The Gillette brand itself worths $7.5billion.
Thanks for the agressive aquisition of brands everywhere and huge spending on marketing, (and most likely occult financial machinations) shareholders are happy and the company's main goal to keep them happy, making profit.

Thanks for your reply. After considering all replies on this thread; if I need a razor for travel it will be a pack of Bic Metals. No questions asked. Once again a very kind and considerate thanks to all replies on this thread. My final decision has been made.

Jason.
I shaved with cartridge razors happily for 40 years without ingrown hairs or irritation. I started with the Trac 2 then Mach 3 and finally Schick Hydro 3. What brought me back to safety razors was my local Walmart stopped carrying the Hydro 3. I hated every 5 bladed razor that I ever tried and the cost of the replacement cartridges are ridiculous. I felt like I was being forced to buy expensive razor cartridges that I hated so I rebelled and went old school. It was one of the best decisions that I ever made.
I love the 3 abs 5 blade hydro… there is a generic version that’s exact. Generic and even Schick is more affordable than Gillett$!

never seen that before but I have to say Gillette Slalom is a pretty good name for the product.
The Slalom is the Russian name for the Atra/Contour. These carts are NOS made in Russia. They are no longer made in Russia but imported. They may now even be rebranded Vectors...

Top Bottom