Votes: 18 17.6%
  • My beard grows too slow to shave every day

Votes: 33 32.4%
  • Smth. else (do tell in the comments)

Votes: 23 22.5%

• Total voters

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
It's kind of funny... this is an enthusiast shaving forum, but then there are folks here who do NOT shave each and every day.

And so... I was curious as to WHY?

What is stopping you from shaving every day, if we all agree that we all oh so like to shave.

All comments are welcome - let the fun begin! 😊 😊

Dave, shouldn't the proper question be: "Why don't you shave twice a day?"

After trying a ton of blades and various razors I have dialed it down to ones that work

I can say my face used to hate it and get ripped apart irritated etc.. the ATG was a issue but no more

2 razors timeless and GC 68 are WOW smooth no issues no irritation and are actually making my skin better as I mention but has to be the correct blade I prefer (still trying others) other razors do give me problems and every day is fine
my ambassador I cant use every day
my yates I cant use every day (both are going to get traded away)

so I think its just finding that perfect for you setup which takes a while I do not agree with those that say take one razor for a year and get used to it ? Fine if they say that I say no :)
wrong blades and yeah not good correct blades smoooooooth

but once I found the combos that are working every day as I said my face has improved in skin quality and no issues daily that I used to have

Not saying others have to agree or do not have issues :) but for me once dialed in things change :) and I do think the you have to find your razor ! Use the wrong razor does not matter how long you use it use the wrong blade correct razor same thing you need that combo and then the soap comes in and AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH perfection

It feels much fresher afterwards like I just got a haircut almost waiting 3-4 days. Plus I think I like the challenge of longer thicker stubble sometimes, if not it's every other day.

After 3 passes and pickups, we get such bbs shaves, there isn't enough growth in 24 hrs

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
I agree. I shave myself with a Gillette slim set on 7. With at least 3 or 4 passes plus touch ups, I obtain more than bbs results. No need to shave everyday.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I think you should have a word with @rbscebu, as what you are saying is a grave violation of the SR code.
No, @sanookd is correct. As my technique developed I too found that I was getting a BBS result with every SR shave. That left me with nothing to shave 24 hours later. I had to adjust me shaving technique to get a DFS result still with three passes so that I would have something to shave 24 hours later.

@sanookd just has to work on his technique so that he can get as many passes as possible in each week with his SR shaving. I went from 10½ passes per week to 14 and then 21. It's not easy but it can be done.

What is this "don't shave daily" concept of which you speak of?
I have a large of massive rotation of soaps, brushes, razors that demand satisfaction. There is no rotation to a non-shave here.

From DFS or close to BBS, I have stubble recovery after 12-24 hours. I only shave once a day, because adding in a second shave would require me to double the number of matching 7 day sets and another set of brushes to rotate, for Morning and Evening shaves.

Last edited:

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I generally shave daily, but am sometimes given to bouts of laziness. Makes me feel like a bum, to tell the truth. Which reminds me, it's time to lather up . . .

... I had to adjust me shaving technique to get a DFS result still with three passes so that I would have something to shave 24 hours later.
Would you care to elaborate?

What were the adjustments you've made - angle, pressure or smth. else altogether?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Would you care to elaborate?

What were the adjustments you've made - angle, pressure or smth. else altogether?
As my technique developed, I was doing three passes daily; WTG, XTG and ATG. This ended up giving me a too-good BBS result that meant I only had something to shave every 48 hours (10½ passes per week). I then dropped the routine down to two passes daily; WTG and XTG. This gave me a DFS result and allowed me to again shave daily (14 passes per week).

After further experimentation, I found that I could do three passes; WTG and 2 x XTG, and get a DFS+ and still have something to shave in 24 hours. This brought me back to 21 passes per week.

I still do an ATG pass with every shave but that is limited to my upper lip. Some call it a "fool's pass". I do this ensure that the blade's edge is up to scratch.

After 3 passes and pickups, we get such bbs shaves, there isn't enough growth in 24 hrs

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
That's pretty much my reason too. My beard grows, but not very fast compared to some. I've found that a 36- to 48-hour beard provides enough growth for the blade to slice effectively. I've even pushed it to 60 and 72 hours, and those went very well too.

If I did have to shave every day for work, I'd keep it simple: a Tech with a Feather blade and do 1 pass everywhere.

Top Bottom