What's new

Why didn't you guys tell me proraso red smells so good?

Went to shavershop today with all intentions to buy a tub of proraso white (I already have and love green) but after I smelled the red there was no question I had to have it! Haven't shaved with it yet but I'm assuming performance will be similar to the green.

Anyway, I love the smell and can't wait to give it a run! Why were you guys holding out on me?

I washed with proraso red today to test for irritation. Smells very earthy, musty and herby with a cologne of deep peppery sandalwood spice. It invokes memories of my musty dusty bean toys I had as a child.

I have the white in soap and the green in cream. I prefer the green's scent now that is summer, and the cream format to lather directly on the face.

Haven't tried the red and blue... I bought both Proraso at the knife sharpener shop I have near home, passing by recently I saw he had it poorly displayed... and I was so excited (I had only seen pictures on the internet shops) that I bought the two kinds he had.

But I'm very bad with scents son I'm a bit concerned about how these strong scents can affect the after-shave parfume

Red is the first I used. At first I hardly noticed the scent, but it is definitely a favorite. You will not get the menthol cooling from the red, but the shave is pretty good. Red is a little thirstier.

I'd be interested in the red pre/post. I sometimes go too long between shaves, and find the pre/post to help with the extra growth.

I got the red last fall and loved it. Just got the green for the summer and all I can say is Wow! They make some nice soaps. Also when the red is gone the top will fit nicely on my vintage Old Spice shaving mug. Win,win!

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Yes, Red smells awesome! I wish Proraso made an aftershave splash with the same scent. I get better performance from Red than Green or Blue. Haven't tried White yet.

I like the smell of Blue as well. Sort of an anise scent with some medicinal undertones - very different than Red. A little menthol, but not as much as Green. Great scent for spring/early summer. Switch to Green when summer gets HOT.

I have the green pre shave cream and use it when I use the green soap as both a pre and post, would love to try the red pre cream too!

Yes, Red smells awesome! I wish Proraso made an aftershave splash with the same scent. I get better performance from Red than Green or Blue. Haven't tried White yet.

I like the smell of Blue as well. Sort of an anise scent with some medicinal undertones - very different than Red. A little menthol, but not as much as Green. Great scent for spring/early summer. Switch to Green when summer gets HOT.

I feel like I saw a thread a while back where they had teamed up with mini to make a shave set and it included a red splash. Not sure of availability or anything like that but you may yet be in luck.

good new everyone!

I found this post yesterday and tried it this morning.... AWSOME!!

I did my own simple version of the Proraso Superlathe since I did not use a jug... I did a few laps with the brush on the white proraso soap, then I applied directly on my face some green proraso cream, and mixed it all on the face... It's the fist time I get a thick foam and doesn't feel dry before I finish the first pass

just had the shave & here's my thoughts, (used with RED Sandalwood soap)
no good as a pre/shave: ....

Sorry you had a bad experience with it. I use a VERY small amount of the green pre-shave when I use it. Perhaps you used too much?

As for the other Proraso scents, I've tried the green and blue as well, and have a sample "puck" of the white. Not a fan of the blue scent, too medicinal for me. The green is ok, but not my favorite scent either. I need to give the white a fair shot, but I think I like it better than the green. May try to get both for warm/cold weather use. :)

My only issue with the red was the tube. The threads on the cap broke out before I was done. Luckily I was ALMOST done and had some sample tubs to put it in. :)

I started out with the green, soap and shaving cream, and those are great. Then a friend sent me a sample of the red cream and I fell in love. Now I have the soap and cream in that flavor and I still need the pre/post to match. I don't have that many sandalwoods but this is by far my favorite rendition of it.

Top Bottom